Announcing our Dirty Dancing Creator's Contest!

Seems like bull to me. I would understand if you guys said ppl on the shelf will go to Hollywood, that would make sense for Canada and USA residents to join. But UK?! My travel distance is the same as UK! Why am I not qualified to your needs? We need a proper explanation.

5 Likes

I see the dance_lift_give on women and men, but not dance_lift_receive 
will these be added soon? Thanks!

1 Like

If we partnered
would it count? :thinking::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Babe, the UK isn’t qualified for the grand prize either. They’re allowed to enter, but not win the trip to Hollywood

5 Likes

I know that, but why are they allowed enter when I’m the same as them? Same distance, same language. Same skills.

The not being able to enter thing doesn’t make sense to me either, but distance wouldn’t have anything to do with it

1 Like

Someone else asked that question but it hasn’t been answered yet
 :thinking: :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Apparently it’s because of legal reasons why it’s only open to US, Canada, and UK residents.

1 Like

When the characters are walking around or full characters. The most popular style.

1 Like

not the most engaging contest, in comparison to the previous two, i think
 and the official guidelines are a giant clump of mostly legal specifications. :dizzy_face:
i wish authors weren’t so limited to the same plot, “twist” or not. i feel like the character requirements and the necessity of at least a dance scene would’ve been enough. just my thoughts on that.
but even w all the restrictions, i hope that everyone who joins will stretch the plot/character as far as possible. gimme a lgbt story w m/m baby/johnny or w/w baby/johnny(jane?) etc. or one where they’re all green and living on a non earth planet. make johnny a vampire???
ALSO: the plot of the movie itself is p heavy on abortion - a highly sensitive and controversial topic in any setting. if it’s going to feature in your story (in more than a brief mention) please please do, at the very least, some light research. :confused:

18 Likes

Dude I don’t want to trash on this movie or anyone who likes it but
 this is a really sucky concept for a contest. Like every single story is gonna have verbatim the same plot- it’s a fun idea for like, maybe an hour long project for theater kids but for a literal story that a ton of writers are going to make it’s baaad son!!
Also, I live in one of the three eligible countries but I’m still pissed that everyone from countries that aren’t from the US isn’t just prevented from winning (which is fair), but from simply entering (y’know, besides UK and oh Canada.) That’s kinda implying that everyone entering is for the prize and not for the fun of it

It seems like all the stories would have a hard time standing out for each other, I think the judges kinda shot themselves in the foot by limiting the guidlines so hard, because I feel like being able to pull a huge twist on a classic story is a cool idea.

35 Likes

August 24th is my birthday! I’m defiantly an INK fan, not very keen on limelight
 We’ll see what happens!

1 Like

Yep, my parents will probably say no
 I think I’ll try to enter but not add DD or fill out the google form. The rules are so strict though
 :frowning:

1 Like

I agree, I never enter these things for the prize. I do it for fun, and the shelf! :wink:

2 Likes

Anyone wanna write it with me?

Remember this contest is in partnership with Lionsgate Films and involves the use of Dirty Dancing IP. The rules and guidelines are a bit stricter than our normal contests because of this.

6 Likes

Even though I’m not 18 can I still enter for fun? I know I won’t win.

1 Like

This contest is open to all Episode Creators, aged 13+ from the US, Canada and the UK.

If you’re 13+ and from one the US, Canada or the UK then yes. You just won’t be eligible for the grand prize.

1 Like

Ok sweet i’m 13+ thank you!

1 Like

I’m a little bit confused because Dirty Dancing itself presents themes that Episode would never allow on this platform. I understand that this is where the authors should put their creativity into making the story their own but how watered down does the plot have to be to fit with Episode’s guidelines?

19 Likes