Announcing our Dirty Dancing Creator's Contest!

Yeah I knoww right :joy:

1 Like

I know that, I just wondered if I could change her name a little to be a bit more modern so instead of Frances it would be Francesca, however her display name is still Baby.

Oh, i see. Sorry :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Okay so @Jesse @Liz I have a few questions:

1. Why only let people from 3 countries participate, why not let only people from those 3 countries participate for the grand price?

2. Do Baby and Johnny have to be the MCā€™s? Or can you do it about their kids?

3. Do you have to use the other characters from the movie too?

I am from the Netherlands so I canā€™t enter :roll_eyes: But if it is going to be changed I have the other questions :woman_shrugging:

-:bear:

3 Likes

Please tell me how its fair that only US residents cant win? Is it because youre too poor to pay for Canadian or UK residents? Fine. Whatever.

2 Likes

the first is so unfair, i have the same problem and i wanted to participatešŸ˜©

3 Likes

Yeah Episode REALLY needs to change this!!!

3 Likes

Iā€™m kind of annoyed by this. Creators contests should be for everyone :neutral_face: I really wanted to join this time :confused:

4 Likes

Episode have been given permission to use Dirty Dancing by Lions Gate, because of this there are legal reasons only US, Canada and UK can enter the contest. Liz said it in a comment higher up, it isnā€™t really up to them.

8 Likes

Could I use the words Dirty Dancing in the title, instead of DD? :thinking: I want to use the full title instead of the abbreviation.

1 Like

I donā€™t think Iā€™m joining this oneā€¦

2 Likes

Debating on whether to join as I love the movie as well as have been to where the original movie was filmed but at the same time not sure what I would do with my 2 lovely tiny kiddos if I got to go to Hollywood lol plus already working on 2 stories now not sure if I can manage another but Great luck to those who do enter! Canā€™t wait to read!

2 Likes

Will we have to wait till this contest is over for one where everybody can join again?

Probably. :pensive:

It would be cool if there was a second contest which was just dance themed or something and open to everyone. But yesā€¦ Weā€™ll likely have to wait and Iā€™m guessing the next contest will be the October one (so probably Halloween)

5 Likes

@Liz does the setting of the story have to be Kellermanā€™s Resort or can the story be set around a different location?

1 Like

I would enter but I havenā€™t watched Dirty Dancing and I want to try and focus on my own stories instead of making new contest stories. So Iā€™ll skip this one!

1 Like

I have never watched the movie before but I am probably going to enter anyway. I will have to try and watch it when love island is not on :joy:

2 Likes

Joining even though Iā€™m not an American resident! :blush:

2 Likes

Jesse is correct. You need to adhere to the basic premise of the movie. Baby and Johnny are from different socioeconomic backgrounds and fall in love through dancing. You are free to play around with the other details though.

1 Like