Announcing our Dirty Dancing Creator's Contest!

1. Yes, the character of Baby needs to have her name displayed as Baby.

2. They don’t have to look like the characters in the movie.

3. You should stick with the basic premise of the movie: Baby and Johnny are from different socioeconomic backgrounds and fall in love through dancing. Anything else beyond that is up to you :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Thank you so much :slight_smile: xx

We don’t have any plans to add more music (that would be a whole seperate licensing deal) so you’ll have to use what’s already in the library.

5 Likes

Okay, thank you anyway

1 Like
  1. Remember this contest is in partnership with Lionsgate Films and involves the use of Dirty Dancing IP. The rules and guidelines are a bit stricter than our normal contests because of this. We are not able to change these guidelines for this contest.
3 Likes

Ikr! Another contest at the same time would’ve been so good.

The guidelines are clear. You have to use DD. We did this because we didn’t want to use up too many of the available character in the story title field. You can still refer to it as Dirty Dancing in the summary though.

5 Likes

If we are writing a lesbian story (that’s the twist) we have to name one of our characters Johnny (A mostly masculine name) ?

3 Likes

It does not have to be the same setting. You should stick to the basic plot - Baby and Johnny are from different socioeconomic backgrounds and fall in love through dancing, but the rest is pretty flexible.

6 Likes

If you scroll up a bit and look at Liz’s message it explains why other countries other than US, Canada, and UK cannot enter.

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing earlier: It’s a copyright issue. That’s why the rules in general are stricter than in previous contests.

This contest sounds cool! I might enter.

I actually just watched the movie… just so i could try this contest

5 Likes

I’m thinking of doing the same :joy:

3 Likes

Hi @Liz, does this mean we can’t enter if we don’t have an Instagram?

@LIz: Do we have to have it in a specific genre?

Oh, wow! Are you going to enter this contest? :heart_eyes:

1 Like

The movie’s on Amazon Prime video btw for anyone that wants to watch

but UK residents can’t win the grand prize

They can still enter.