Announcing Our Magicka Creator’s Contest Winners!

It was MDSava’s His Name is Rain. Unfortunately it used to be a Wattpad story before the contest, so I Guess that’s why it isn’t a winner anymore

8 Likes

Oh wow! :open_mouth: But I am incredibly happy for @DancingStories! Olde Moon is such an aesthetically pleasing story as well as having a fantastic plotline and characters – it’s well deserved. :sparkles:

7 Likes

I see :confused:

2 Likes

Wow! How do you know all this? :hushed: Thanks for the insight!

Definitely! Congrats, Em! :partying_face:

Now we wait patiently… :grin:

You are… incredible :sob:
You just deserve the world, Kheyr :pleading_face:

It’s slightly shocking, actually…

7 Likes

I believe someone mentioned it on the thread that’s announced the winners for the clue contest, either on here or it was on Instagram. I can’t exactly remember where.

1 Like

Congratulations to all the winners! :slight_smile: And also to everyone who entered with no less amazing stories than the chosen ones. :hugs:

Omg, you warrior princess!:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Congrats to all of the wonderful winners!!! But especially my girl Em :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Hey, @Melani3 @Tyler

Can you please tell me why my story was removed from the Magicka shelf? Without any warning or letter?

If it has something to do with the Wattpad version, I removed it before creating an Episode version. So it exists now only on Episode. And the story which was on Wattpad had only 3 episodes which I didn’t even use in my Episode story. So the Episode version is a completely original story.

11 Likes

It doesn’t matter it is now deleted as it was published at some point so it is against the rules still. I’m surprised though that Episode hasn’t reached out to you, that’s kind of unprofessional on their part. :confused:

14 Likes

I support @MdSava
This was absolutely mismanaged and you should have discussed this with the author for clarification.
Shame on you, episode team.

I vote you keep @DancingStories on the winners panel in addition to returning Mary’s story to its rightful place on the magicka shelf.

7 Likes

Thank you, Ivy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Why did you remove MdSava’s story from the shelf? :joy::joy::joy:
Oh well, she doesn’t need your shelf anyway, she’s in a class with the clockwork hearts

3 Likes

Is it just me or has this contest lacked organisation for the most part? I mean, first we had the delayed results announcement, now a story being taken down without proper justification to the creator - what’s next? Cancelling all the entries and replacing them with Episode originals?
Get your shit together, Episode Team :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I’m assuming that if you’d changed the title, no one would have even noticed. But I noticed on your IG that you still have posts for the Wattpad story with the same title. So I’m guessing someone saw this and either reported you or a team member saw it. Even if it’s no longer published now, it was still previously published and because the title is the same, I’m sure someone assumed it’s the same story.
They should have contacted you first, though.

12 Likes

I wonder how they heard about a deleted story that doesn’t even appear on Wattpad. To me, it just looks like Mary got attacked by some jealous losers.

Anyway, as fan of Mary’s work, His name is Rain is one of my fave entries and it will keep growing with or without that shelf! :heart: :heart: :heart:

7 Likes

Well, Mary said herself on her IG story that it was originally a Wattpad story before the deadline

5 Likes

It doesn’t matter if only three chapters were published and the content in those three chapters wasn’t used in the episode version, the simple fact it was a previously published story and not a NEW and ORIGINAL idea.
I think that if the title had been different, it wouldn’t be an issue, but because the title is the same, and the story was unpublished from Wattpad, it looks like a previously published story, especially when it is said to be a different version. The word Version notates the SAME story.

14 Likes

I mean, there were a lot of entries and we’re in the middle of a global pandemic. We were definitely all antsy to see the results, but it’s not that big of a surprise the results took so long. It’s also not that surprising Episode removed a story that broke the contest guidelines. Whether anyone agrees with those guidelines or how strictly they should be enforced is irrelevant. I do think Episode should be more careful about checking any info or reports they receive prior to announcing the winners. But it isn’t the first time someone’s story has been removed from a winner’s shelf for not adhering to the contest guidelines and it probably won’t be the last.

27 Likes

Thank you for editing! :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for featuring Olde Moon! It was a fun project to work on and I’m glad people loved it enough for it to be a winner :crescent_moon: (Maybe this is a hint I should be a bit more active on the forums so people remember my username :joy:)

19 Likes