Announcing OUR NEW CONTEST: Halloween Theme

Hello my peps, this month’s contest is HALLOWEEN!!

This is a community contest!! Since Liz announced this…

We are going to be taking a break from Writer’s Contests for a bit. We’ve got a couple big internal projects going on right now that are preventing us from running and judging them. Currently, it looks like contests will be back sometime in the New Year.
You will see the Winner’s Shelf for Another World in the next few weeks.
In the meantime, we are still going to be running themed shelves and taking community recommendations for stories to feature on them. We are also working on some Halloween themed content for October.

Guidelines

1. You have until October 31st to publish your story or you can complete three episodes and not publish.

2. You must write in the Thriller genre. You can choose to set your thriller in any time period or location.

3. You may write in either Cinematic (full-body, animated) or Spotlight (animated upper bodies) Styles or a combo of the two. You can use any art style you prefer.

4. You may NOT use or re-title a previously published story. This must be a new and original work that has not previously been published to Episode or another platform. Sequels, prequels, spin-offs, etc. are not allowed.

5 You must have the word Halloween in the beginning of your title HALLOWEEN: Story title

23 Likes

Yay!!!

1 Like

@AMagic can it be anything thriller or does the story have to be about Halloween?

1 Like

To me Halloween is basically a thriller so…It counts!

2 Likes

So anything?
And also is there a specific way we have to title it like halloween: (title) ?

1 Like

Yea, let me add that.

1 Like

Are there any prizes?

1 Like

No, this is just for fun, I don’t give prizes. What prizes would there be?

1 Like

Hehe idk, just asking. I might enter!

1 Like

Nah, no prizes. Just have fun and go with the flow! LETS BE SPOOKY CREATIVE!

2 Likes

YES! I don’t have the dedication to make a story myself, but hmu if you send me the synopsis of your story, and I’m intrigued, I’ll partner with you for all art related content in your story :heart:

3 Likes

Totally keen on this, was really intrigued by the last creators comp theme, but hadn’t yet worked out how to code yet :laughing: so this seems like a good way to warm up to them coming back and to get some creative juices-a-flowing :drop_of_blood:

1 Like

Is this held by episode?

1 Like

No.

Hmm…

Should I do it?

1 Like

Only if you want… :wink: no pressure.

1 Like

What about horror?

1 Like

As long as it Halloween involved which is the main thing, it’s okay.

This is exciting! I’ll be definitely up for reading some of the stories. Will all the entries be listed somewhere? Or is it just the case of looking them up, using search function on the app?

1 Like

You could do promotion- both here (through an announcement) and on IG/Episode feed?
I can share the winners on the feed (I somehow have 32k followers there lol).

1 Like