Announcing our Thriller Creator's Contest!

I just published my story :heart_eyes: Thriller: Rivertown Liars

One of your friends has a sin to confess. Find out who it is, before youā€™re her next victim.

By Chida

8 Likes

Tysm :heart_eyes: The cover was made by ElenaStripe @ Instagram

1 Like

I say that. I havenā€™t done it.

Howā€™d you come up with such good ieas? <3

Looks great!
Iā€™ll add it to my list to read after the deadline :slight_smile:

@ItzFarrah Often they come to me in dreams lol. Or Iā€™ll have a tiny idea, or a fragment of an idea and then Iā€™ll expand on it.

2 Likes

I really like how you guys conveniently left out the important fact that you donā€™t measure reader engagement until AFTER the submission window. I published mine like 3 days before. Now I feel like I sabotaged my own chance. Thanks, Episode. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Plenty of people who published before the deadline have won in the past so I donā€™t think publishing 3 days early will hurt you, but I agree that this is something which should be added to the rules as, although itā€™s been been mentioned quite a few times in the past, it should be stated somewhere where everyone can see it so thereā€™s no confusion.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never entered a contest before so I have no context as to the rules and what has or has not been mentioned before, I simply read the rules and agreed to them. Nice to know people have published early and won though. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ty :heart_eyes: Are u joining too?

As long as I can finish in the next 15 hours then yes :rofl:
(I should make itā€¦)

3 Likes

I wanted to enter and started my first idea but gave up because I had new ideas. I never finished them :joy:

You can do it!!!
Drink lots of Coffee!!!
14 hours 35 minutes to go!!!
I believe in you!!

2 Likes

You can do it! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hey guys,

Iā€™m a newbie here, and Iā€™ve just published my first thriller! Itā€™s a noir short story, which is set in 1952. Iā€™d be very grateful if you could give it a read!

Available via this link.

poster%20for%20episode

9 Likes

I know the deadline is like tonight lol, but the guides say not to depict murder. My MC murders someone in my entry but it isnā€™t seen but strongly implied, is that okay?

Iā€™m not sure why people flagged this? I thought it was fine to promote our contest entries on contest entry threads?

Anyway, I think your story sounds interesting and Iā€™ve already added it to my list to read :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah, I thought itā€™s okay to promote our stories as well. Anyway, thanks for your support! :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

I would highly recommend creating a dedicated thread/topic for your cause as this is off topic. Thanks.

4 Likes

Took care of it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s fine! Technically you can depict murder as long as it isnā€™t excessive, graphic, or glorified, so implied murder shouldnā€™t be an issue.

2 Likes