Announcing our Thriller Creator's Contest!

The 30th is just the deadline. You can publish it sooner, but none of the reads you get before the deadline will affect how your story does in the contest.

6 Likes

Thank you :v:t4:

1 Like

i am not gonna be finish with my story. so i am just gonna save it for another time

1 Like

OMG these stories sound so good! Iā€™m scared now

Me too

1 Like

Iā€™m halfway done with the 1st episode, though. That should be good.

Im not quite half way through yet :confused: whats yours about? This is my description.

20 years ago a psychopathic teenager brutely tourchered and murdered 3 of his friends before burning himself to death in your school. Now on the anniversary of his death you and your friends decide to spend the night at school to see if his ghost really does walk the halls at night. But what seems like harmless fun turns into a hellish nightmare. Will you and your friends survive?

Please ignore any spelling and grammar issues I will be checking this before publishing!!

6 Likes

Mine. Itā€™s a psychological thrillerā€¦

She was hurt. Rejected. Abused. They all hurt her. She was sickā€¦ Then she disappeared. But she came back, and had a gift: and it was best served cold.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a very wise and motivated words to give out.

2 Likes

well so much for me doing a story for this lol :joy: idk how I totally didnā€™t get notified for this :grimacing:

1 Like

Iā€™m not making the deadline either lol. It should probably be out near mid-October at this rateā€¦ but Iā€™m really happy with how itā€™s coming out.

It is 1931, almost 50 years after Jack the Ripper terrorized Londonā€™s Whitechapel district. As the country sinks into the Great Depression, bodies begin to pile up once more. While Detective Robert Williams tries to crack the cold case, his wife Emily must battle her own demons to unmask historyā€™s most elusive serial killer.

11 Likes

That sounds interesting :eyes:

2 Likes

ooh! whatā€™s the name?

1 Like

That sounds really good canā€™t wait to read it!!

1 Like

UGH, not gonna make the deadline. Iā€™ve got 3 episodes so far and I was planning 5ā€¦ (completed) They had to create this contest as soon as school started back :frowning:

1 Like

ā€œThriller: Best Served Coldā€. I might not make it by the deadlineā€¦

1 Like

Thank you.

Really? :scream: But why? :disappointed_relieved: I thought they look at the all the reads, plus the rubric score and reader engagement.
No one said anything about this kind of thing before. :thinking: Are you sure about it?

*It just doesnā€™t seen fair if itā€™s true. :person_shrugging:
@Liz , @Jesse , @Jeremy can you please confirm or deny this. :heart:

1 Like

They also look at rubric score and reader engagement, but the purpose behind not counting reads before the deadline is actually to make it more fair. Otherwise, people who publish sooner will have an advantage over the authors who take more time to write their story and therefore have less time to promote it.

6 Likes

Liz has said it plenty of times. Thereā€™s a quote floating around somewhere on an old contest post. They donā€™t look at your total reads but at your reader retention.

7 Likes