Announcing Something Different, a community - ran contest!

In general, there is nothing wrong with a love story. I quite enjoy reading them. But lately, it seems like all stories on Episode are the same. They’re about falling for the bad boy, the billionaire, the vampire, the mafia leader. Honestly, it’s getting old. That’s why I’ve created the Something Different contest!

The contest’s premise is simple. Come up with a plot for your story that you haven’t seen on Episode before. Subvert tropes and expectations, create a unique cast, and get creative with your ideas.

Guidelines:

1. Romantic subplots are allowed, but the focus of your entry cannot be on the love story.
  2. Don’t use the “enemies to lovers” trope. Your two characters fighting will distract from the main plot, pulling the focus toward the romance.
  3. Your story must have “Something Different” in the title. An example of this format would be “Something Different: My Story.”
  4. Your entry may be a previously published story on Episode. Please add “Something Different” to the title.
  5. You may write in any art style, and in either the spotlight or cinematic formats.
  6. Once you’re ready to publish, leave a link to your story and a description of its plot in the Promote Stories thread.

There is no contest deadline. I’d like to continue this for as long as I can. But starting on October First, I’ll select a Story of the Month. The monthly winner will receive a poem about their story written by me.

For regular updates on this contest, follow @somethingdifferent.contest on Instagram.

10 Likes

I’m interested!

1 Like

Wonderful! Thank you for your interest.

1 Like

Do I have to publish the story or can you just see the 3 episodes I make?

You do have to publish. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is great! But I think this is in the wrong section.

What section should I change it to?

1 Like

I might do this!

1 Like

Hmm… I doubt I’ll actually finish an entry in any kind of timely fashion, but I’d be interested in reading these!

1 Like

There’s no deadline for this contest. If you’d like to enter, you could take all the time you need. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please help me spread the word about this contest. The more people who enter, the longer I can keep this going. If you plan on entering the contest, make a post about your story on Instagram and tag me, @laurenwhitmore.writes.

1 Like

Just as a reminder, your entry for the Something Different contest may NOT be in the romance genre. It can have a romantic subplot, but the central plot should be about something else.

Good luck if you do enter! :slight_smile: I hope to ready your story soon.

Share the links to your Something Different entries on this thread:

As I’ve said before, there is no deadline for this contest. But if you’d like your entry to be the story of the month, have it published by September 20th.

If you have any questions or something you’d like to say, leave a comment below.

Aye, this sounds fun! I think I might just join!

1 Like

Thank you, and good luck!

If you have any questions about the contest, leave them below and I’ll answer. :smiley:

Thanks to everyone who plans to enter or spread the word about this contest. Your support means a lot!