Announcing the Double Life Writer's Contest

I only have the beginning CC! :sob:

2 Likes
Day 01
Day 02
Day 03

Random Quote of the Day! (03 of 115) =…

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. Marilyn Monroe

Planning/Coding Tip of the Day! (Day 03 of 115) =…

Try get 2/3 scenes done a day to help with having time closer to the deadline to correct any errors/mistakes, get your story proof & beta read, get all backgrounds/overlays used approved in time, add any extra scenes u want to and anything else u would like to do (:

Random Quote of the Day! (04 of 115) =…

Love the life you live. Live the life you love. Bob Marley

Coding Help of the Day! (Day 04 of 115) =…

Most people know about the readerMessage that u can add when coding stories, but some people are not aware that u can add a title to these messages so…

Coding =…

readerMessage (your message goes here) with messageTitle your message goes here

readerMessage (your message goes here) with messageTitle your message title goes here

readerMessage (you message goes here) with messageTitle (your message’s title goes here)

Code Examples =…
Example #1) readerMessage Hiya! =…

Example #2) readerMessage Hiya with messageTitle Good Morning!

Example #3) readerMessage Hiya with messageTitle (Good Morning!) =…

Times Posted =
Day 01 = Around 23:00 (11pm) on the 05/04/2021
Day 02 = 11:09am on the 06/04/2021
Day 03 = 17:01 (05:01pm) on the 07/04/2021
Day 04 = 16:30 (04:30pm) on the 08/04/2021

9 Likes

Wow, I’ve seen many people doing intro outro and all of that first… Idk how you guys do it but hats off! I prefer to have the chapters first and then get into the messier aka most annoying parts :joy: that way I feel easier

6 Likes

I haven’t added CC yet because I don’t have my menu ready and don’t wanna mess that up.
I usually do it in the beginning because I simply have to copy the template from Dara’s site and make the necessary changes and it was sort of a self satisfaction to see so many lines of code. :rofl: :lol: (That’s probably the stupidest thing I’ve ever said)
I am right now trying to adjust the zoom in such a way that it looks good but guess what? I cannot get the timing correct even after so many tries. :sob: :sob: :sob:
Gotta keep trying till I get it right I guess…

5 Likes

Damn same I do he intro, outro at last, mainly coz I can have a story without intro outro but can’t without the main script and scenes. I tend to add cc at last main reason is that the higher amount of lines your story has the higher amount of internet is used, and I tend to save my internet a lot :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I have an idea, but I’ll have to wait until this weekend to start writing 'cause the university is going nuts with the homework :pensive:

1 Like

@NancyM, you have all 8 chapters done and published?!?

2 Likes

Possibly stupid question but…is it supposed to be a short story limited to only having the full 8 episodes published by the deadline or can we continue with as much as we want? And could it be a short story if we wanted it to be?

3 Likes

We can continue the story.

4 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Based on the poll, I think it’s fairly safe to say that if you’re coding chapter 1 or 2, or planning you’re with the herd. Anything above that and you’re way ahead!

4 Likes

Am I “with the herd” if I’ve coded, say, thirty lines in chapter one? :joy:
I have an intro, menu, and FAQ too, but being the crazy perfectionist that I am, I’m redoing those.

6 Likes

I think you’re fine, I’ve restarted my first chapter at least 3 times :sweat_smile: :joy:
Since stupid me decided to restart this morning, I now only have CC and my intro. And again, stupid me decided to make her own menu template thing, so yeah, I think we’re all in the same boat :joy:

5 Likes

Wait- what?!
What about you being on line 2,000-something?

2 Likes

Yeah, I restarted because I didn’t like how I portrayed her personality :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

:sneezing_face: I can’t believe you killed that version of her and brought a replacement in with a different personality

3 Likes

And then I had 200 and something, but I didn’t like the dialogue. And then I restarted this morning because I wanted to start differently.

3 Likes

Technically, she’s the same person, but now she doesn’t have sister or horse. Now she has a dog :joy:

3 Likes

:scream:
So you are a murderer! You killed her sister and her horse

3 Likes

Yes… I guess I did :thinking: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :shushing_face:

2 Likes