Announcing the Double Life Writer's Contest

Yeah it’s like the heavier the codes, the higer amount of data it takes.

Same I just don’t feel like doing the extras before doing the mains. My system’s just built like that :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Funny to see that I’m the opposite :joy:

3 Likes

Relatable asf. :joy:

3 Likes

Finally started scripting chapter 1 :clown_face:

3 Likes

Same, I’ve restarted the first chapter like 5 to 7 times.

3 Likes

lol I havent thought about FAQ. :smiley: I mean what do you put in FAQ when the story is not published so nobody actualy asked anything?

6 Likes

That’s why you put Q&A instead :wink:

1 Like

the episode is more show than tell …you do not actually need to describe characters personality - the reader always prefers to find it out via scenes via the way they interact - if you let on the start reader read narrations describing more than 2 characters reader will anyway not remember anything from it. :smiley:

4 Likes

You have a point :thinking: Ah this requires starting all over—alright ill do it, thank you :thinking:

3 Likes

Good point! :flushed:

2 Likes

Yep. I simply keep on tapping during those narrations because I find them boring.
We get to know about the characters more later in the story (parts which are actually important) anyways so I don’t really read them.

3 Likes

@Melani3 I have a question.

Is there some limit of how much (reading time / on screen time) we have to show the second secret life?

Like if the ratio will be 80/20 will you still consider it as DL story if it has all other attributes Episode requieres, but simply shows rather sparingly the second life?

I know I cant make it 50/50 so therefore I ask if by evaluation of the stories will play also the % of on screen time of both lives?

7 Likes

Yeh same…my brain will anyway not remember a sh*t so I just skipp it.

3 Likes

And does the MC need to live two lives for the entire story? Or is it okay if I make her focus on one life after a few chapters?
@Melani3

2 Likes

I asked this a week or two ago and she said it’s fine!
(My example was 6 days one life and 1 the other)

3 Likes

Oh thanks god! Because My MC is living the second live only on weekends and I do not need to show so much of it since more important is how it will affect her as a person and her normal life.

3 Likes

I guess @Farah_DeSantis meant the percentage of her life which is shown in each chapter. Like if it is okay if the mc lives most of the time as her first personality but less as her disguise.
Won’t it be different if the 6 days are shorter % as seen through the chapter like the reader sees the 6 days for 1 minute and the other day for the rest of the chapter. Then it would be totally different

2 Likes

basicly in whole story because It still can be 50/50 if someone writes one epi one live second epi the second life…

2 Likes

Okay haha I thought about a single chapter :sweat_smile:

1 Like

actually I realy hope episode doenst have such rule for single chapter since this would be extremly limiting the way how you can tell a story,

2 Likes