Announcing the Double Life Writer's Contest

I have no idea :skull:

1 Like

Probably me too, depends how much I end up coding :joy:

2 Likes

Me too!

1 Like

100 days to go! Everyone! We made it!!! Today, I have a special surprise for everyone! We are going on a little treasure hunt. Search through my polls on this thread to find three riddles. The first person to give me the correct answers will get these prizes… 1 proof/beta read, the code and overlays of my dressing game, and you’ll get to pick the theme of the polls for the next week! Good luck! And for those not participating, here’s today’s poll…

What are you doing?
  • Still Planning
  • Coding Chapter 1
  • Proofreading Chapter 1
  • Coding Chapter 2
  • Proofreading Chapter 2
  • Coding Chapter 3
  • Proofreading Chapter 3
  • Published Chapters 1-3
  • Coding Chapter 4
  • Proofreading Chapter 4
  • Published Chapter 4
  • Coding Chapter 5
  • Proofreading Chapter 5
  • Published Chapter 5
  • Coding Chapter 6
  • Proofreading Chapter 6
  • Published Chapter 6

0 voters

• Coding Chapter 7
  • Proofreading Chapter 7
  • Published Chapter 7
  • Coding Chapter 8
  • Proofreading Chapter 8
  • Final Proofread
  • All done and published!

0 voters

I will give you a hint as to where to find the riddles: 18 weeks left, 122 days to go, and 101 days to go…

@Adrija is the winner!

4 Likes

I planned out my entire story, but I still have writer’s block. :expressionless:

4 Likes

Same, I’m still planning and still getting some procrastination. XD

3 Likes

I JUST finished the third chapter (the intro/outro/cc is most of it lmao) and I’m looking for proofreaders! So just… lmk if you can help. :grin:

8 Likes
Day 01

Random Quote of the Day! (Day 01 of 115) =…

It’s not how much you have that makes people look up to you. It’s who you are. Elvis Presley

Planning Tip of the Day! (Day 01 of 115) =…

Write down EVERY details u have about your characters! U know everything about yourself don’t u? So…create a fact file/list for every MAIN/IMPORTANT character u have in your story and note down every detail no matter how small! It’ll help u understand your characters better and to know how they would act in certain situations (If they’re shy/introverted, they probably won’t stand from the top of a skyscraper and openly announce their undying love for someone :joy:) therefore knowing as much as u can about your character(s) will help so much! (:

Day 02

Random Quote of the Day! (Day 02 of 115) =…

In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different. Coco Chanel

Planning Tip of the Day! (Day 02 of 115) =…

Here are some questions that can help u with creating a character personal profile/fact file like I gave advice to do in day 1 =…

There are more questions u can add yourself, this is just an idea of questions if u don’t have any ideas (:

Name =

False Name (If Needed) =

Birthday =

Age =

Birth Place =

Personality =

Gender =

Career/Job & What it Involves =

Sexuality =

Strengths =

Fears =

Pets =

Siblings =

Parents =

Friends =

Close Friends =

Favourite Person =

Least Favourite Person =

Favourite Holiday Destination =

Least Favourite Holiday Destination =

Favourite Sport =

Least Favourite Sport =

Favourite Colour =

Least Favourite Colour =

Favourite Animal =

Least Favourite Animal =

Background Details =

Day 03

Random Quote of the Day! (03 of 115) =…

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. Marilyn Monroe

Planning/Coding Tip of the Day! (Day 03 of 115) =…

Try get 2/3 scenes done a day to help with having time closer to the deadline to correct any errors/mistakes, get your story proof & beta read, get all backgrounds/overlays used approved in time, add any extra scenes u want to and anything else u would like to do (:

Day 04

Random Quote of the Day! (04 of 115) =…

Love the life you live. Live the life you love. Bob Marley

Coding Help of the Day! (Day 04 of 115) =…

Most people know about the readerMessage that u can add when coding stories, but some people are not aware that u can add a title to these messages so…

Coding =…

readerMessage (your message goes here) with messageTitle your message goes here

readerMessage (your message goes here) with messageTitle your message title goes here

readerMessage (you message goes here) with messageTitle (your message’s title goes here)

Code Examples =…
Example #1) readerMessage Hiya! =…

Example #2) readerMessage Hiya with messageTitle Good Morning!

Example #3) readerMessage Hiya with messageTitle (Good Morning!) =…

Day 05

Random Quote of the Day! (05 of 115) =…

The journey of one thousand miles, begins with one step. Lao Tzu

Advice of the Day! (Day 05 of 115) =…

Don’t force yourself to code/write when u can’t think or don’t feel like it! It makes u loose the motivation to code/write and u loose any sort of positive feelings u get from coding/writing for a while (:

Day 06

Random Quote of the Day! (06 of 115) =…

I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed. Michael Jordan

Favourite Tutorial of the Day! (Day 06 of 115) =…

HOW TO: Color Code and Lock A Choice - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com) by @JemU776

Day 07

Random Quote of the Day! (07 of 115) =…

Non – violence is a weapon of the strong. Mahatma Gandhi

Favourite Tutorial of the Day! (Day 07 of 115) =…

:four_leaf_clover: HOW TO: Choice Inside Choice :yay: - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com) by @JemU776

Day 08

Random Quote of the Day! (O8 of 115)

It does not matter how slow you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius

Favourite Tutorial of the Day! (08 of 115)

:stopwatch: HOW TO: TIMED TAPPABLE choice - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com) by @Farah_DeSantis

Day 09

Random Quote of the Day! (09 of 115)

Not how long but how well you have lived is the main thing. Seneca

Favourite/Most Useful Thread of the Day! (09 of 115)

:tulip: FlowerGriefer’s Backgrounds :tulip: - Creator’s Corner / Art Resources - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com) by @FlowerGriefer

Day 10

Random Quote of the Day! (10 of 115)

It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up. Vince Lombardi

Favourite Thread that’s Helped a lot of Authors of the Day! (10 of 115)

Episode | Dara Amarie (dara-amarie.com) by @Dara.Amarie

Day 11

Random Quote of the Day! (11 of 115)

You miss 100 percent of the shots you do not take. Wayne Gretzky

Favourite/Most Useful Thread of the Day! (11 of 115)

:lollipop: TIP: Rotating An Overlay Without Having it Shift Somewhere else :purple_heart: - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com) by @JemU776

Day 12

Random Quote of the Day! (12 of 115)

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. Mae West

Favourite/Most Useful Thread of the Day! (12 of 115)

HOW TO: Use the previews and unpreviews directing command :purple_heart: :crescent_moon: - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com) by @JemU776

Day 13

Random Quote of the Day! (13 of 115)

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. Henry David Thoreau

Most Useful Thread of the Day! (13 of 115)

A New Complete List Of Everything! OPEN (: - Community / Episode Fan Community - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com) by @M_H_C_Episode

Day 14

Random Quote of the Day! (14 of 115)

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. Nelson Mandela

Current Thread Spreading the Most Positivity of the Day! (Day 14 of 115)

Motivational/Inspiring Quotes To Try Help U With Whatever Mood U Are In (: - Community / General Chat - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com) by @M_H_C_Episode

Day 15

Random Quote of the Day! (15 of 115)

That which does not kill us, makes us stronger. Friedrich Nietzshe

Coding Tutorial of the Day! (15 of 115)

How To Make Characters Appear As Ghosts!

I got asked via Instagram how to make characters look like ghosts so therefore if anyone else is wondering, here’s the tutorial for it! (:

1) Pick yourself a background (Day/Night it doesn’t matter)…

i.e =

2) Use an app (i.e = BeFunky: Photo Editor) & resize the background to make it smaller (Under 1MB size) and save it

I resized my 1 zone background to 320 x 568 (Half of 640 x 1136 so it still fits the background when scaled correctly) then saved it as a png (overlay)

3) Upload your chosen background as a png (overlay)

4) Code your overlay to appear in your script

Code I used =

My overlay is called (in the script) = EXT. SECRET CAVE
My character is called (in the script) = EMALIA

EXT. CAVE - DAY
@EMALIA stands screen center AND EMALIA moves to layer -1 AND overlay EXT. SECRET CAVE create AND overlay EXT. SECRET CAVE opacity 0.3 in 0 AND overlay EXT. SECRET CAVE scales to 2.008 2.008 AND overlay EXT. SECRET CAVE shifts to 0 0 in zone 1 AND overlay EXT. SECRET CAVE moves to layer 0

Should look something similar to this =

Obviously, u can change the overlay’s opacity depending on how clear or how transparent u would like the ghost to be. Mine’s set at 0.3 above. If u want the ghost more transparent than above, change the opacity to either 0.2 or 0.1. If u want the character less transparent than above, use the opacity 0.5, 0.6, 0.7, 0.8 or 0.9. Opacity 1 will make the overlay no longer transparent and opacity 0 will make the overlay invisible

You can also change your character’s outfit, appearance, animation and position.

For the example above, my overlay is on layer 0 with my character on layer -1. If I wanted to add anymore characters (non-ghosts), I would add them onto layer 1 and above (:

For the example above, if I wanted to add more ghosts, I would add them to layer -1 and below (:

and…that’s how you make your character(s) appear as ghosts! (:

Random Quote of the Day! (16 of 115)

Better to die standing, than to live on your knees. Ernesto “Che” Guevara

Favourite/Most Useful Thread of the Day! (16 of 115)

HOW TO: Have Your Overlay Come in from Offscreen + Workshop :unicorn: :purple_heart: - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com) by @JemU776

Times Posted =
Day 01 = Around 23:00 (11pm) on the 05/04/2021
Day 02 = 11:09am on the 06/04/2021
Day 03 = 17:01 (05:01pm) on the 07/04/2021
Day 04 = 16:30 (04:30pm) on the 08/04/2021
Day 05 = 15:55 (03:55pm) on the 09/04/2021
Day 06 = 16:46 (04:46pm) on the 10/04/2021
Day 07 = 22:40 (10:40pm) on the 11/04/2021 (My Birthday :joy:)
Day 08 = 23:55 (11:55pm) on the 12/04/2021
Day 09 = 21:27 (09:27pm) on the 13/04/2021
Day 10 = 20:34 (08:34pm) on the 14/04/2021
Day 11 = 09:58am on the 16/04/2021 (This should have been posted on the 15/04/2021, but I accidentally missed it)
Day 12 = 09:58am on the 16/04/2021
Day 13 = 20:30 (08:30pm) on the 19/04/2021 (This should have been posted on the 17/04/2021, but I accidentally missed it)
Day 14 = 20:30 (08:30pm) on the 19/04/2021 (This should have been posted on the 18/04/2021, but I accidentally missed it)
Day 15 = 20:30 (08:30pm) on the 19/04/2021
Day 16 = 22:54 (10:54pm) on the 20/04/2021

6 Likes

No further questions asked!

• Tan Chihuahua
  • Golden Retriever

0 voters

Yeah, golden retriever it is! ty!

3 Likes

@Melani3 I have 3 questions regarding reader retention.

1: What percentage of readers need to read all eight chapters for the story to qualify?

2:

So (for example) someone with 11 published chapters will have a harder time with reader retention than someone with 8?

1. Will publishing the 8 chapters separately affect the reader retention?

Sorry… I’m just really confused lol.

5 Likes

Thank you :pray:

2 Likes

Thank you :heart:

1 Like

Thanks! :pray:

2 Likes

Oh wow I did this in my story lol

1 Like

Out of curiosity how many of us are doing a “villain” as the MC ?🥲

2 Likes

Did what? :thinking:

and don’t worry, im not doing that. Although im including an antagonist, it would be obvious and im sure no ones doing the same ‘thing’ im doing.

3 Likes

I’d love to see more MCs as villians tbh. XD

2 Likes

I’m guessing you mean what the antagonist is doing; in a nutshell, murder.

2 Likes

Nope, not even close :joy: :sneezing_face: -wait. Did I misread that?

2 Likes

You probably didn’t lol. So what do you mean?

1 Like