Announcing the Fairy Tales Contest!

So I’ve had a couple of ideas for how to get my Prince to disguise himself as a commoner in my Cinderella story, please will you tell me what you think:

1. He disguises himself as his manservant when they are away from the palace so that he doesn’t have people harassing him.

2. He dresses in “commoner clothes” every so often so he can get a feel for what people think of his and his family’s ideas for the country.

I think idea 1 is the one I can pull off more, what do you think? Or do you have any other ideas?

2 Likes

Haa good guess, but no. I’m doing a short horror based on Jabberwocky.

2 Likes

Whaaaat! I love it!!! I’m gonna be one of the first to read your story. I love all things Lewis Caroll

2 Likes

I like the 2nd one. Gives him a good sense of responsibility as a future monarch

She did say you can do crossovers. So like elements of one fairytale cross over to another. Almost like Shrek or Once Upon a time. (Just don’t copy the concepts of those two examples lol )

1 Like

Hi all forgive me for being pushy lol.
But here’s a link for those who would like to put their story names so that we can find all of the stories.

5 Likes

I’m thinking of entering and writing about the myth of the fox spirit.
Help me choose a title

• FT: The Tale of The Sly Fox
  • FT: Myth of The Fox Spirit
  • FT: The Tale of Kumiho

0 voters

4 Likes

:wolf: Cover is edited by me
:wolf: I will not post a description for my story. But the sneak peaks will be posted on my IG
:wolf:My story is inspired by The Little Red Riding Hood
:wolf:Genre: Thriller/Fantasy/Romance
:wolf:My IG: @bellewritez for sneak peaks and updates

9 Likes

As the deadline is 14 January. So @Melani3 if I posted it a day or two ago will the reads gained before the deadline count

2 Likes

Thought I’d put this here real quick. Description of my upcoming story, FT: The Emperor! More info will be coming soon! :blob_hearts:

Don’t forget to drop your titles in the reading list thread:

✨ Fairy Tales Contest Reading List ✨ :blob_turtle:

9 Likes

@Melani3 can I mention in which fairytale my story is based? Like this? image

2 Likes

I think reads and retention only count after the deadline to give everyone fair chance!

3 Likes

Since it’s the weekend and she’s probably not working this late, I’ll answer you. lol
Yes you can put what your story is based on. Yes you can put it like that, it doesn’t matter really.
If that’s for your cover, yes. Also you can put it on the inside instead/ also if you like.
I hope that answers your question.

1 Like

I love this!

include the name of the author of the original as well just in case. only if u want to.

1 Like

Soooo I definitely should be studying for finals, but why not write a whole new contest entry instead? Anyways, here’s a quick sneak peak! More info is soon to come

:gear: Born from nothing, Elise is willing to lie her way to the top. After all, what does it mean to be human when a kilo of flesh and a kilo of steel weigh the same?

:gear: Based on the legend of Al-Nadirah and The Princess and the Pea

:gear: 2 MCs, 1 LI, choose LI gender

:gear: Choices affect the ending!

:gear: Genre: Scifi/drama

:gear: Insta: @calli_epi

10 Likes

Hewwo everyone, my apologies for the lateness!

Here’s my reading list for this contest! Click the Hyperlink!

Fairy Tales Reading List

This is also shameful self-promotion of my future story, FT: Blossoming in the Snow :bouquet: :tulip:

:cherry_blossom: This is based on the story The Flower Queen’s Daughter and loosely based upon the myth of Hades & Persephone (inclusion of fellow other myths) :cherry_blossom:

9 Likes

@EPIC_ICE thank you so much for your response :pleading_face:You helped me a lot​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I use this in my intro.

4 Likes

That’s actually what I was thinking. Add “By Charles Perrault” too :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Me myself; I choose Red riding hood.

How many people choose
  • Snow white
  • Beauty and the beast
  • Cinderella
  • Pinocchio
  • Red Riding Hood
  • Fox (Japanese)
  • Robin
  • Rapunzel

0 voters

My first time doing poll, idk it’s work or not.

2 Likes