Announcing the Fairy Tales Contest!

@Melani3 do angels and demons qualified?

3 Likes

@Melani3
This one is so confusing. :weary:
So by fairytale… you mean a plot that’s pretty much already taken place in animated movies before, but we can adapt it?!

So basically our entries can’t be a “fairytale romance” but has to be like some sort of actual book kind of fairytale?
#StillVeryConfused
I’d be down for writing a fairytale type romance (between normal people, not princes and princesses and all that…) but if it has to be something strange with like talking inanimate objects, then I have no idea because it’s not for me. :joy::rofl:

11 Likes

I’d enter if I finally understand the topic :joy:🤦

17 Likes

This seems like such a cool idea, I so want to enter, but not sure which story to adapt.

2 Likes

Ah, so like okay, let’s say

Sleeping Beauty was in a deep sleep by something else other than a spinning wheel, and she was awaken by not a kiss but something else? So its like, making it a bit different? Im still confused.

10 Likes

:pleading_face:

My time of entering contests is over for now lol, but I will GLADLY make a Fairy Tales Reading List!!!

7 Likes

:pleading_face:

1 Like

Same here its really hard to understand i do want to enter but still confused @Melani3 can u pls explain us more on it?

2 Likes

To clarify: Your stories must take elements from existing Fairy Tale stories, whether that is characters or the plot.

Ideas and tropes, such as vampires or mermaids or a “fairytale romance” are not an adaption of a story, but finding a folk tale about a mermaid and writing your own version of it would qualify for this contest.

26 Likes

Ahhh, perfect.

2 Likes

So I’m thinking of doing one of these 5 stories, which do you think would be best to adapt?

1. The Twelve Dancing Princesses
  2. Robin Hood
  3. Beauty and the Beast
  4. Peter Pan
  5. Cinderella
5 Likes

So basically, create an adaptation off an existing fairytale/folktale but making sure it is of public domain

interesting

7 Likes

Peter Pan!!! XD

6 Likes

Now understood it its more rewritting the story as our own without changing the base of the story?

2 Likes

Peter pan will fit more cuz there will be fairies etc

1 Like

oh boy, this is for me, and I dont have time :sob:. also I am trying to focus on my new story

3 Likes

Fairytale doesn’t have to be about fairies

3 Likes

I guess its like taking ideas from different fiction movies ofc fairy tails

2 Likes

Yeah thats one way to put it too

not movies, old stories, like what brothers grim wrote, or H C Andersen, old stories, old legends.

2 Likes