Announcing the Fairy Tales Contest!

Hear me out : Cinderella is a gay man but he transforms into a drag queen when he goes to the ball.

5 Likes

EDIT: SCRAP THAT
I just saw that It’s not a fairy tale.
So NO YOU CANNOT USE IT
Some places it says it is then another place it says that it isn’t.
My apologies.

EDIT AGAIN: I was right the first time. You can use it.

1 Like

Uhhh literally almost exactly my story entry if you scroll up a few :joy::joy:

5 Likes

In case there is some confusion, what I have gathered is that Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland is public domain and copyright isn’t the issue, but it is not a fairytale, since there was no oral telling of it, it was written as a book first, but it is a fable, I’m not 100% sure if fables (I think, it’s kind of confusing since it was written forever ago) are included, but I assume not, I could be completely wrong though. I hope that clears up some confusion! :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

I honestly hate to bother you @Melani3, but would you mind confirming if Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland can be used, if you have a chance?

1 Like

I am doing a story based on Cinderella, but in my version the evil step mother and step sisters are distant cousins. Anyway, I’m gonna diverge from the story a bit and have them be kind to her at first, do you think that’s ok?

1 Like

Alright, after some INTENSE research (aka googling some), with Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland both being classified as in the genre of literary nonsense, which makes its roots in fairy tales and folklore, and being in the public domain, it is a qualifying work. Hooray for learning as well, I didn’t know about literary nonsense being it’s own specific genre!

19 Likes

So… here’s my amazing story cover by @/maxene.episode on IG

20 Likes

Thank you!

This looks amazing!

3 Likes

If I have the Prince in my Cinderella story pose as being non-royal is that copyrighting Richard Madden’s character in the live action Cinderella film? Or can I get away with it if I do it slightly differently to how the character did?

1 Like

Well, I think not but I am not sure…

I think that royals posing as non royals is such a wildly used trope/cliche that it shouldn’t be a problem

2 Likes

Okay that was funny :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Idek where is where.

3 Likes

Well they aren’t too long from each other

1 Like

@LeonardoDaBetty @agatya Well I wouldn’t have them meet the same way as Kit and Ella did in the film. I was actually thinking of having the Prince disguise himself as his manservant like you see in Pantomimes?

3 Likes

Would Beauty and the Beast be alright? I want to write a horror based on a kidnapper and his victim :slight_smile:

4 Likes

As long as you base it off the original story, La Belle et la Bête, it’s fine. You may not use the Disney version as your inspiration :blob_turtle:

1 Like

I didn’t know it was drag

1 Like

14a

5 Likes