Announcing the Fairy Tales Contest!

Loving this contest! Hopefully I’ll actually enter this time, but so far I’m a fan and can’t wait to read what others come up with

3 Likes

Feel free to get totally out there with it if you’d like! Do you want Goldilocks to be a nosy real estate agent instead of a lost little girl? Do it! Do you want to write a team up between two princesses who bond over their evil stepmothers? It’s all you! Adaptations are all about taking the recognizable and adding your own spice.

18 Likes

Ik I was just saying, it will fit more tho rather than normal human fairy tales idk I am not entering neither is this my genre

1 Like

Oooooooo interesting I got it now

Ah, perfect!

I could do it as if its a modern story, with the main character living in the 21st century.

Also, do you know if we are allowed to use names from the fairy tales, or should I like change names? And can I have my character be like the great grandchild of Jane Darling, is that allowed?

2 Likes

Ohh now this seems interesting

1 Like

Interesting… might just enter! :star_struck: I LOVE writing fantasy stuff!

I don’t think using characters names are allowed? Uh, @Melani3 is it allowed or not?

4 Likes

Good luck :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Sounds cool! This is probably a silly question but a story revolving around witches in itself doesn’t count as a fairytale, does it? @Melani3

1 Like

Okay, for now I can just change names to be on the safe side, I could call it FT: Neverland what do you think?

2 Likes

I actually might have an idea, but the time I properly won’t be able to write it alone, any interested in been partners on a red riding hood story

First, u have to create your story plot in order to get your title. Don’t make it a simple one, like make it more engaging.

2 Likes

I don’t understand this at all it cant be something original?? only adaptations?

2 Likes

I’m sorry but I’m more confused now. Can anyone kindly explain to me what will qualify as a story for this contest? So the base plotline is from an existing fairy tale story and we can make a twist of our own? :face_with_head_bandage:

4 Likes

lets take an example, orignal story is the little mermaid by hans Chistian Andersen, and then Disney version would be your re-writhing of the tale

2 Likes

I’m not sure what I can do about the Peter Pan character’s age? Do you think I could make him like 18, what that be ok? Then I was thinking of having the main playable character be a girl with twin younger siblings (a boy and girl). I’m not sure how they could get to Neverland though, what if, something is happening in Neverland, like the land is dying out or something, and Peter sent Tinkerbell to the old Darling house to see if they could help, what about that?

1 Like

Just clarifying for anybody who is still a bit confused, it’s not really an original idea as this contest focus on being inspired by an old tale of some sort but with a twist like Peter Pan as an alien rather then a fairy. Just adapting what is there but with a modern, sci-fi, romance, any twist as long as it is inspired by a fairytale/folktale.

So not necessarily original, but unique, a re-telling of a story from your own words and ideas.

Some examples so you can understand :))

• Sleeping Beauty gets in an accident and her “prince” is a doctor trying to save her life
  • Peter pan as an alien trying to save this LI from some intergalactic war
  • Roles between the Little Mermaid are reversed, Eric is the mermaid and Ariel is a college student
  • The Snow Queen is a closed off student and there’s a prince who supposedly, warms her heart
19 Likes

Interesting theme…
Still not sure if I should enter not understanding the fairy tale concept :thinking:

Is it just about fairies or can you include your spin?

2 Likes