Announcing the Fairy Tales Contest!

Lmao! :joy: It’s not a drag ball, but it’s going to be an amateur drag show…but besides that it was so spot on lol!

2 Likes

Since everyone shows their Covers, here are mine with a small story description.
•Covers edited by me :pleading_face:

Description
After a tragedy Mallory runs into the woods to hide without knowing what dangers there are.
What will happen when the Big Bad Wolf saves her?
Will she follow the path of the Wolf or will she go to find her Grandmother?
:exclamation:Based on “The Little Red Hiding Hood”:exclamation:

•Genre.: Fantasy/Romance/Drama (a little bit):exclamation:
•Choices.: Yes❗️
•Art.: Yes❗️
•Love Interests.: #1 :exclamation:

My IG: @hope_stories for updates & more

14 Likes

Have I had a plan for every contest so far? Yep.
Have I finished a single story? Nope.
Do I have an epic idea for this contest that I’m gonna start hyping? You bet your boots.

14 Likes

I cannot wait to see what you come up with! :joy: :thinking:

1 Like

Is that a hint for Puss in boots? :face_with_hand_over_mouth::wink:

2 Likes

I think you need to steer clear from the live remake as much as possible. But if you have the prince posing as a non royal, just be sure that circumstances in which they meet are different to the film (meet in a forest on horses while dear hunting) lol. I don’t think the part about the prince pretending to be a commoner will count against you. So long as you have enough elements from the original version of Cinderella and your own creative elements.

1 Like

Hii can I choose more than one fairytale? If only one, then can I say some part of it are inspired by another fairytale? @Melani3

1 Like

lol same though :joy:

2 Likes

Okay, I was gonna have them meet in the local village anyway. N

In my region (INDIA) there is a folklore in which a man was travelling but when he gets tired he takes rest in an orchard. There was a well and from there many singing voices were coming so he went to look in what was the case in it. He saw in the well 12 dancing fairies and when the fairies saw him they thought that he was trying to eat them. The man plays along and threatens to eat them, the fairies offer the man a wish if should he spare them. The man was poor so he asks for a magic pan that’ll give him food. The fairies give him that. After sometime the man goes back to the well and asks for gold and threatens the fairies that if he will not get gold then he’ll eat them. The fairies give him a bag which will provide him any amount of gold that he requires. The man when travelling back to his home takes shelter at his sister’s house, where he gets inebriated and tells her everything about the fairies. The next day his sister steals his magic pan and bag and kicks her brother out of home. The man full of anger goes to the fairies and asks them for something that’ll get him those things back. The fairies give him a stick but but didn’t tell him that if anyone except him touches it the stick will beat that person to death. He takes the stick to his sister’s house and asks her to give the magical things back but the sister refuses. Then the man unleashes the stick which beats the sister and the sister gives the bag and pan back. That day when he went back to his house he left the stick outside the house and her mother touched it and the stick started hitting her but the man caught it in time and stopped it.

I used to hear this fairytale from my grand mother and I probably have messed up some details, I am not sure about the hitting of the mother part, I guess it went something like, the man got greedy and rude and her mother used the stick on him so that he can come back to his senses. If anyone can remember it’s name then it’ll be a huge help. It is a widespread story and I vaguely remember reading it in a book of fairytales when I was younger. I have mentioned the details a bit harshly, please ignore them if they are unpleasant to you.

I have thought of another solution, should I not remember it’s name, If I make a choice in the menu of the story that’ll explain the fairy tale this story is based on, then will it count?

3 Likes

You don’t have to worry about its validity as Melanie already said that the popularity/publicity of a fairytale doesn’t play a role. You could provide a short description at the beginning and you don’t have to go in depth as of now. Besides that, it sounds interesting and I’m excited to see fairytales/folklore from all around the world! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Ooo alright thank you! @Melani3

Thank you for clarifying, you have lifted huge burden from my shoulders

2 Likes

So I’ve had a couple of ideas for how to get my Prince to disguise himself as a commoner in my Cinderella story, please will you tell me what you think:

1. He disguises himself as his manservant when they are away from the palace so that he doesn’t have people harassing him.

2. He dresses in “commoner clothes” every so often so he can get a feel for what people think of his and his family’s ideas for the country.

I think idea 1 is the one I can pull off more, what do you think? Or do you have any other ideas?

2 Likes

Haa good guess, but no. I’m doing a short horror based on Jabberwocky.

2 Likes

Whaaaat! I love it!!! I’m gonna be one of the first to read your story. I love all things Lewis Caroll

2 Likes

I like the 2nd one. Gives him a good sense of responsibility as a future monarch

She did say you can do crossovers. So like elements of one fairytale cross over to another. Almost like Shrek or Once Upon a time. (Just don’t copy the concepts of those two examples lol )

1 Like

Hi all forgive me for being pushy lol.
But here’s a link for those who would like to put their story names so that we can find all of the stories.

5 Likes

I’m thinking of entering and writing about the myth of the fox spirit.
Help me choose a title

• FT: The Tale of The Sly Fox
  • FT: Myth of The Fox Spirit
  • FT: The Tale of Kumiho

0 voters

4 Likes