Announcing the Fairy Tales Contest!

You can’t make your own fairytale, you have to put your own spin on the already existing one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

-Yes it is necessary since that is what the competition is based on.

-NO you cannot make your own fairy tale from scratch. However you can use and existing fairy tale and make it your own.
So it’s like me giving you milk and telling you to make anything you want with it (ice cream, you could freeze it put some chocolate in it). Therefore you use an existing fairy tale eg. You can make Cinderella into a fisherwoman or she could be a spy going into a wedding and she meet her love interest. You could do anything with it once the basis is there.

-ACCORDING TO new world encyclopedia.org “** **A fairy tale is a story featuring folkloric characters such as fairies, goblins, elves, trolls, witches, giants, and talking animals, and usually enchantments. Fairy tales often involve a far-fetched sequence of events that ultimately progress to a satisfying conclusion while teaching a moral lesson.

Unlike legends and epics, they usually do not contain more than superficial references to religion and actual places, persons, and events; they take place “once upon a time” rather than in actual times. [[1]]
The fairy tale was part of an oral tradition; tales were told or enacted dramatically, rather than written down, and handed down from generation to generation.
(Fairy tale - New World Encyclopedia)”

-It can be any ending you wish. Happy, sad, neutral.

-Feel free to ask here. Why? Because anyone can help you. They can also add or take away what we are saying which makes it more accurate.

4 Likes

Thank you for clearing this for me! I think you got everything covered.

1 Like

Solution: Make a short story :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Do it. :wink:

1 Like

I have finally figured out my whole story and noted down my first three episodes in my journal.
I gotta start coding…also I haven’t decided the intro and outro

I always use the same intros and outro for all my stories, so it’s easier for me.

1 Like
Should I keep the option to choose the gender of Love Interest?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Its fine I will read it either way :smiley:

0 voters

Can I publish my story now but still work on it?

Leaving this here to promote my story if I do enter!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CIgq7dSFQ9j/?igshid=15u499zbfwgyv

So I cannot use “Princess and the Frog” ish as my story :frowning:

Is “The princess and the frog” a fairy tale

1 Like

no because, Disneys princess and the frog is well by Disney, the original, the frog prince is by grimm and you can use that, but remember that story is very diffrent, please read the original, it is somewhere online I am sure.

2 Likes

Oh so I can use frog prince?

yes, but you cant use the Disney version, actually the Disney version is an example of what your suppouse to do in this contest.

the original the frog prince, and they made it their own by makeing the princess and the frog, that is what your suppouse to do.

but dont copy Disney stories, read the orginals.

2 Likes

Can I do the Frog Prince?

Ohhh okay thank you.

2 Likes

I want to know in the retelling of a folktale, can I have the character be of the opposite sex? For example, Jack and the Beanstalk retold as Jane and the beanstalk?

3 Likes

Yup, once the gist of the story is there or you use some elements of the story.

1 Like

Thank you!

2 Likes