Announcing the Heroic Writer’s Contest!

I literally I had a dream about this last night. That I got a notification that the winners were announced. So I tapped on the notification but my alarm woke me up before I could read the winners. :rofl:

3 Likes

Omg I’ve had that before too :smiling_face_with_tear: but the stories that won had nothing to do with the actual contest and I was like, they’re not even the prompt :sob:

1 Like

Same! I’ve entered 5 contests in total and i have to say, the worst thing you can do is get your hopes up.

1 Like

I’ve gotta remind myself it’s an Episode contest…it’s an Episode contest…this isn’t the Pulitzer for literature…

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: omg like wtf. Thats crazy. There was this one time during a contest I took part in sometime last year that they announced the winners and the people who won had the most horrific entries. Horrible directing and terrible grammer. I was like, really!!! You are choosing this trash over so and so… I remember at the time there was one author who’s entry was just absolutely phenomenal and i was shocked they didnt pick her in the dream. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Indeed. But nevertheless, always keep in mind that episode has had a lot of dealings with episode contest entries. Ive seen many entry winners and even non winning participants have their stories bought from episode

1 Like

I honestly wouldn’t want to be a commissioned author; I just wanted to enter the contest because I liked my story idea!

No, I mean they previously would buy your entire story idea to be a featured story. Not commission you to write for them. When they buy your story they purchase the rights to it from you and they make it their own.

1 Like

Just wanna point out that the shelf for “accross the galaxies” has been taken down this morning. Potential for a winner shelf to be added soon? :gem::speak_no_evil::shushing_face:

2 Likes

I think it’s either Editor’s Pick or the Winners shelf. I’m not sure haha, unless someone has received an email on Tuesday.

Fingers crossed we have the winners shelf lol

2 Likes

My story also have been stucked at rank 110 or 106 some days after the deadline in adventure genre but haven’t reviewed yet. Also my rank in my heroic story got up and down. When some people read and spent gems, it got up, then I didn’t get reads for a day or two and my rank get down, when I get reads again, the rank up again… then repeat. *Gems choices also triggering the rank…

1 Like

Wait so you mean when they buy the story from author who have rights for it . Since they don’t make it . it their own to purchase . So how will we claim that book ,will it have the same for who create it and so on @Dominique_Seth_Da_Si

Sorry, I’m not very sure on what exactly you are asking. I also don’t know the specifics of it. But as far as I heard, when you create a story, you own the rights to the idea and the content, as its your own story book.

If episode wants to buy it from you, they will purchase your idea, its content and the rights from you and turn it into a featuted story. However, since they purchased the story and its content from you, they will be able to change any aspect of it.

2 Likes

Also if we wanted to publish a story in real life . they will claim it like their own. so were will story go like on the shelf. will we be able to see it . like that whole story we put extra effort in.

Sorry, I honestly dont know how it works with that regard. I only know what I’ve mentioned earlier from along the grape vine. I don’t know what they specify in the contracts they give when they purchase stories from Authors.

1 Like

I lost my hopes to win long time ago once I saw my retention :rofl:

2 Likes

Same :’)

1 Like

My completion rates are:
39% (yikes)
86%
80%

Pretty sure the 39% is enough to be eliminated :sad_panda:

1 Like

From the Reader Retention page:

It does vary a little bit (and has changed over time), but currently we look at retention for the first 3 chapters of a story for shelves and contests. We like stories to keep about ⅔ of readers by then end of Chapter 1, ½ by the end of Chapter 2 and about ⅓ by the end of Chapter 3.

And I oop.