Announcing the KISS & TELL Creator's Contest

Or the freaking background is black!

1 Like

Yes! Or I get an error 11 for 2 hours straight

2 Likes

Just a reminder, to answer one of the comments above :heart:

Episode has a grading tool for contest stories - and choices are important for contests. Better choices you make, more points you get. Meaning: dressing games and customizations don’t really count. And if you use points and branching, your can expect more points on that section.

Team has explained how reviewing goes. If you reach the retention number, than the story is reviewed.

Besides choices it’s important to have good directing and plot.

Good luck everyone :heart::heart::heart:

9 Likes

I’m concerned because some vital backgrounds and overlays aren’t approved yet :tired_face: :tired_face:

2 Likes

I’m having the same anxiety right now :grimacing:

1 Like

In response to this, here is the grading rubric for choices

As @CoraMae was saying
Choices are important so it’s good to have choices in your contest entry especially
I believe that these types of choices will get you into Grade A or B

• The Points System
  • Ones which create lot’s of branching and seem to change the story in a way
  • Clean and smooth ones

I was reading through all of the Episode Explained posts, they are really helpful to read and honestly speaking, I think that everyone should read them I’ll link them at the end (they are also in the original post by @Liz )

From what I gathered , I believe that to qualify for the shelf, you must have high reader retention and you must gain 100-150 reads at least within the 7-14 days after the deadline. Remember, reads only count after the deadline. Once you have qualified these, you must have a rubric average of at least 3.0

To win ‘Best Directing’ the contest, you must have all of the above, as well as a rubric average of 3.5 and a 4.0 in Visuals

Links to useful Episode Explains:
Reader Retention, Grading Rubric, Getting Readers and Creator Contests

I hope that this was helpful and happy writing

6 Likes

couple more days left until the deadline, can’t wait to check out every ones entries soon.

5 Likes

At least some of my stuff is getting approved, slowly but surely

5 Likes

Cover for my story. Decided to enter… again lol (ignore my crappy cover)

A simple romcom. K&T: Dare to Kiss.

8 Likes

Me on the start of my second episode. :clown_face:

4 Likes

You aren’t alone. :joy: You can do it!

3 Likes

Here we go:

I’m happy to announce my entry, K&T: Cursed Rings
The cover is now approved by episode and is queued for when I publish the story.

Thanks u @Himeji for literally telling me that I can do it. That was a huge help so thank u

4 Likes

If you don’t mind me asking who did your cover?

When I will release the story, it will be called
K&T: Romantic Matrimony.

Cover by @mollie.stories!

5 Likes

Same boat, im so stressed for the 11th rn

You’ll do great!!

I’ve actually managed to get my story finished. Just waiting to publish! K&T: Roxanne

4 Likes

I’m almost finished with chapter 2! Forgive my slow-ness lol

3 Likes

Thank you for the insightful information. One thing I’m curious of though (if anyone knows about this);

Do you reckon the reads before the deadline count, or the read count starts only after the deadline? :thinking:

1 Like

They only count after the deadline if I’m remembering right. I think @Liz mentioned it somewhere, but now I’m not finding it. :thinking: