Announcing the LDR Writer's Contest!

@writtenbyace04 is already doing a story like that! But I suppose yes, it counts

1 Like

Episode just approved my cover yesterday and I’m also done with coding first episode.

Just started writing and coding second episode so I think maybe I’ll put a small teaser on my Instagram tomorrow (you can find me there as @axel.aria.episode)

2 Likes

i will follow you on ig. my ig is @saol.epi :)!

who did your cover? or did you do it yourself?

1 Like

I’ve asked @white.dragon_basou for it, paid her of course for it and she did an amazing job with my cover :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

aaah yeah i follow her on ig. love her artwork!

Just wanted to take a quick poll and see where everyone is at with their stories!

How much progress have you made on your LDR story?

• Haven’t started planning
  • Still planning
  • Coding chapter one
  • Coding chapter two
  • Coding chapter three
  • Finished writing/coding three chapters
  • Finished writing/coding three chapters and my story is published
  • Other

0 voters

Do we have to allow CC, are can we choose the way our MC looks?

1 Like

There are no rules regarding CC! Some readers like to have CC, some don’t. It’s really up to you. If you want your characters to look a certain way, that’s totally fine. And if you want to allow readers to play as themselves, that’s cool too. :blob_sun:

2 Likes

Thank uu so much! Good luck to uu if ur entering! :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Personally I think that’s something you can choose from… to allow reader to do full CC of MC or to don’t allow reader to CC but allow them later to change hair style or lip color of MC depending on what’s going to happen.

It’s all about identifying with MC so some people would like to see themselves in MC look and others will only identify with MC behavior by looking at choices.

3 Likes

Thank you! I also wish you the best of luck.

1 Like

This is an interesting contest :thinking:. I’m actually excited for it! Hopefully (if all goes well), I will actually have time to work on it. I’ve already been thinking about ideas, but with a twist. Entering :sparkles:!

Also, if anyone has any advice about contests, it will be greatly appreciated !

4 Likes

created a cover to inspire me, but i’m still planning :wink:

1 Like

I think they already answered this. its supposed to be long distance where they don’t get to see each other much. the ghost would be around her so i don’t think it counts…i’m hoping it does. :relaxed:

Good luck with your story!

Here’s some advice from someone who has attempted to write a story at least five contests, but has never actually published a story.

1. Publish your story as close to the deadline as possible, especially if you are a new writer or one with a smaller base. This ensures that all of your reads will go to the 100 reads you need to be able to be a winner in the contest.
  2. Don’t stress yourself out too much. It can be extremely hard to write three chapters in a short seven week period. Take breaks often so you don’t lose all of your motivation.
  3. Don’t worry about others. Some writers may have already finished their stories, but you don’t need to worry about anyone else but yourself. Take your time. If you rush through you story, it will likely not be your best work.
  4. Find someone to proofread/beta read your story! This is extremely important. You should find at least one person to check your spelling/grammar and give you some feedback before you publish your story. If you need someone to do this, PM me and I’ll be more than happy to help you out. Spelling and grammar mistakes are some of my biggest pet peeves.

I hope these tips helped! If you need some help or want some more advice, don’t hesitate to PM me. :blob_turtle:

7 Likes

Thank you so much! This was really helpful and I will definitely keep you offer in mind :heart: . If your are entering too, I wish you the best of luck :grin:.

2 Likes

how do uu beta read someone’s story? & why would uu submit ur story as close to the deadline as possible? wouldn’t this give people less time to read ur story which would mean less reads?

sorry i’m just confused and new since this is my first time entering a contest :joy:

3 Likes

You don’t have to apologize for asking questions! :smile: You can beta read someone’s story if they share their story’s link with you. And from what I’ve heard, you should publish your story close to the deadline because of reader retention.

Basically, your story needs to have 100 reads within a certain period of time after the submission deadline passes (7-14 days, I would guess). If you publish your story close to the deadline, more of the reads will count towards your story’s retention score. Your story has a higher retention score when people read all three chapters. Episode wants to choose winning stories that have high reader retention rates. Here’s a post that explains reader retention.

Here’s a post that explains writer’s contests a little more in depth.

2 Likes

Thank You so much!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:This helped me out a lot lol :joy: :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

Some screens of my entry are on my Instagram :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Check it out and let me know what you think about it :heart::wink:

7 Likes