Announcing the LDR Writer's Contest!

Thank you! I also wish you the best of luck.

1 Like

This is an interesting contest :thinking:. Iโ€™m actually excited for it! Hopefully (if all goes well), I will actually have time to work on it. Iโ€™ve already been thinking about ideas, but with a twist. Entering :sparkles:!

Also, if anyone has any advice about contests, it will be greatly appreciated !

4 Likes

created a cover to inspire me, but iโ€™m still planning :wink:

1 Like

I think they already answered this. its supposed to be long distance where they donโ€™t get to see each other much. the ghost would be around her so i donโ€™t think it countsโ€ฆiโ€™m hoping it does. :relaxed:

Good luck with your story!

Hereโ€™s some advice from someone who has attempted to write a story at least five contests, but has never actually published a story.

1. Publish your story as close to the deadline as possible, especially if you are a new writer or one with a smaller base. This ensures that all of your reads will go to the 100 reads you need to be able to be a winner in the contest.
  2. Donโ€™t stress yourself out too much. It can be extremely hard to write three chapters in a short seven week period. Take breaks often so you donโ€™t lose all of your motivation.
  3. Donโ€™t worry about others. Some writers may have already finished their stories, but you donโ€™t need to worry about anyone else but yourself. Take your time. If you rush through you story, it will likely not be your best work.
  4. Find someone to proofread/beta read your story! This is extremely important. You should find at least one person to check your spelling/grammar and give you some feedback before you publish your story. If you need someone to do this, PM me and Iโ€™ll be more than happy to help you out. Spelling and grammar mistakes are some of my biggest pet peeves.

I hope these tips helped! If you need some help or want some more advice, donโ€™t hesitate to PM me. :blob_turtle:

6 Likes

Thank you so much! This was really helpful and I will definitely keep you offer in mind :heart: . If your are entering too, I wish you the best of luck :grin:.

2 Likes

how do uu beta read someoneโ€™s story? & why would uu submit ur story as close to the deadline as possible? wouldnโ€™t this give people less time to read ur story which would mean less reads?

sorry iโ€™m just confused and new since this is my first time entering a contest :joy:

3 Likes

You donโ€™t have to apologize for asking questions! :smile: You can beta read someoneโ€™s story if they share their storyโ€™s link with you. And from what Iโ€™ve heard, you should publish your story close to the deadline because of reader retention.

Basically, your story needs to have 100 reads within a certain period of time after the submission deadline passes (7-14 days, I would guess). If you publish your story close to the deadline, more of the reads will count towards your storyโ€™s retention score. Your story has a higher retention score when people read all three chapters. Episode wants to choose winning stories that have high reader retention rates. Hereโ€™s a post that explains reader retention.

Hereโ€™s a post that explains writerโ€™s contests a little more in depth.

2 Likes

Thank You so much!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:This helped me out a lot lol :joy: :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

Some screens of my entry are on my Instagram :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Check it out and let me know what you think about it :heart::wink:

5 Likes

I know right.

1 Like

i post a lot of sneak peeks regarding my entry on my instagram!

5 Likes

Ahh yesss :pleading_face: :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

i am so happy. i FINALLY fully finished episode one. i have been replaying the episode on my phone multiple days now to make sure every glitch is gone. now i am going to continue with writing episode 2.

3 Likes

Story Idea! Please tell me your honest opinion!

Youโ€™re finally about to reunite with a distant love, who you had to leave for 2 years. But when your journey to the other side of the world goes wrong, youโ€™re forced to get some help, and many things show that maybe your true destination isnโ€™t with her, but with the one youโ€™ve been travelling so long with?

3 Likes

intriguing, love it :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would you guys like to drop your awesome entries on my IG post??

Iโ€™m seriously excited to know what ideas you people came up with this Contest๐Ÿ‘€

And donโ€™t we love a good romance?:two_hearts:

Please tell me your thoughts and donโ€™t ghost me :pleading_face:

5 Likes

Oooh, yes already stirring the obstacles I see :eyes:
My dramatic self approves!:heart:

1 Like

Thanks! Really appreciate it! :heart:

1 Like