Announcing the Open Mic Writer's Contest

I was already writing a new story so may as well enter if I finish
good luck everyone

3 Likes

As much as I appreciate a “do as you would like” contest, I honestly can’t be the only person who thinks that this timeframe and deadline would have been perfect for a horror or thriller genred contest :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

This contest was picked out in May, so I do think they had plenty of time to come up with a specific idea. But they probably aren’t going to promote a genre that isn’t going to bring in readers and money sadly :confused:

5 Likes

Such a shame really because that’s what I like to read and write :sweat_smile: Nevermind, I can still hope for one in the future :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Interesting! :thinking:

1 Like

Drop your entries below. I know a lot have started early, and still planning. Goodluck, everyone!

5 Likes

Is anyone gonna attempt the gem choices route? :eyes: :face_in_clouds:

3 Likes

I’ll probably just do it for my own sake, not for the prize. If I somehow end up winning a spot I don’t have the style episode wants for commissioned authors anyways.

5 Likes

I kind of want to do it for the prize lol but I feel like that might deter readers away from my story in general :smiling_face_with_tear: and then I’ll just crawl under my bed and rot for trying… :melting_face:

But good for you, for doing it just for you! :butterfly:

6 Likes

Nope, I’m writing for fun and that is that. XD

7 Likes

Watch me enter so I can maintain my contest loss streak :sparkles: :relieved:

12 Likes

ugh I have no ideas :worried:

1 Like

aw this prompt seems fun but I’ll probably be busy with my ongoing story + school, good luck to everyone entering! can’t wait to read all the diverse entries. :blob_sun:

5 Likes

Most definitely

3 Likes

Love that! :heartpulse: :santa_dance:

1 Like

Oh nuu :pleading_face: you got time though! Maybe something will come to mind!

2 Likes

Get it CosmicIvy :sunglasses: :clapping:

2 Likes

Probably… I am not yet sure.

2 Likes

We’re in the same boat :rowing_woman: to be continued…

1 Like

I didn’t quite understand this contest…
Are we free to write anything?

Plus, I am confused about one certain thing…

Here they said that Gem choices aren’t required but then…

… 2 gem choices are required in this line? to be eligible?

Can someone tell me what this means?

3 Likes