Announcing the Open Mic Writer's Contest

Do not worry dear, nothing will be bad on this story.

3 Likes

Oh, i am sooo reading this

2 Likes

If you’re entering the OM Contest… then feel free to drop your entry here: OM CONTEST READING LIST: Promote Your Story

I’ll be reading them all, but I won’t read until after the deadline, so that it helps count towards your read total!
And I’ll spend up to 75 gems per story, if I love it!
The link above is not a R4R thread, I’m not asking anyone to read my stories in return! It’s simply for me to help others. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

is it too late to join?
my ig is @shiv.episode

1 Like

If your time free all this 19 days… its not too late :smile:. I had experience join contest 20 days before deadline plus busy with urgent work. Still I successful to finish it. ^^

2 Likes

Yeah, it is I’ve been working on my story for a while now. Plus I want to read other’s stories as well :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Congrats :star_struck: !!! Can I still join the ig group chat that what I meant :sweat_smile:

1 Like

omgggg sorry I didn’t read the comment u were responding to )::: I don’t have the group anymore but i’ll invite you to some others!

2 Likes

What happened to the group?

It’s all good! My ig is @shiv.episode

@Liz
This is going to sound like a really silly question and I don’t know how to word it :sweat_smile: but I just want to make sure…
Regarding the amount of gem choices, “You must have at least 2 story-related gem choices in each of your first 4 chapters, for a total of 8.”
Would something like, there’s a question and there’s 3 choices, 2 of them are gem ones count as having 2 gem choices or does it have to be at least 2 different questions/scenarios in order for it to count as 2 gem choices. Sorry if that didn’t make sense… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s not silly at all! I wonder the same for bonus scenes :thinking: :joy: Like if you have 2 bonus scenes and as a reader you can choose which to read… does that count too?

1 Like

Lol that’s also what I’m trying to figure out too. :thinking: I should of asked way earlier. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Is this a R4R group chat? If so add me in please, @katlilly_episode :pray: please & thank you

from my understanding, bonus scenes count! but in regards to the question @Elaina2 asked, i’m really not sure. :see_no_evil: i feel like it would count, since they’re two gem choices (and i imagine you’d have separate outcomes depending on which one you pick?)

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking but wasn’t sure if I was interpreting that wrong. I’m assuming as long as there are two gem choices in general whether it’s like where would you like to go on a date, take his jet to Paris​:gem:, take his jet to a private island :gem: or free stay local and go to a fancy restaurant. (Not gem choices in my story lol just a example) That it would count as two since there are 2? :sweat_smile: or if it has to be separated. Like that counts as only one despite 2 being there and you’d need another gem thing like, what should I wear? dress your hottest :gem: or for free, dress like an old grandma because suddenly you have no decent clothes to wear. (Definitely in my story mwahah :smiling_imp: jk)

1 Like

From my understanding Episode 1 have 2 gem choices (saperate) and other can be free choice :thinking::thinking::thinking:.

1 Like

:sweat: oh goodness. Welp, I guess I’ll find out the hard way. :sweat_smile: Thank you for sharing. I was curious how others understood that as well.

I see that you’ve made a decision, but I wanted to add this.

In their Gem Choices Guide, they used the phrases “Gem Choices” and “Gem Options”.

Based on that, in your scenario you have one Gem Choice and two Gem Options; therefore, I don’t think it would meet the requirement.

3 Likes

I posted the trailer for OM: Mission Abort
on my insta. :smiling_face:
You should check it out! :grin:

OM: Mission Abort Trailer!!

:point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2:

I am excited to publish the story! :grin: :smile:

4 Likes