Announcing the Open Mic Writer's Contest

from my understanding, bonus scenes count! but in regards to the question @Elaina2 asked, iโ€™m really not sure. :see_no_evil: i feel like it would count, since theyโ€™re two gem choices (and i imagine youโ€™d have separate outcomes depending on which one you pick?)

2 Likes

Thatโ€™s what I was thinking but wasnโ€™t sure if I was interpreting that wrong. Iโ€™m assuming as long as there are two gem choices in general whether itโ€™s like where would you like to go on a date, take his jet to Parisโ€‹:gem:, take his jet to a private island :gem: or free stay local and go to a fancy restaurant. (Not gem choices in my story lol just a example) That it would count as two since there are 2? :sweat_smile: or if it has to be separated. Like that counts as only one despite 2 being there and youโ€™d need another gem thing like, what should I wear? dress your hottest :gem: or for free, dress like an old grandma because suddenly you have no decent clothes to wear. (Definitely in my story mwahah :smiling_imp: jk)

1 Like

From my understanding Episode 1 have 2 gem choices (saperate) and other can be free choice :thinking::thinking::thinking:.

1 Like

:sweat: oh goodness. Welp, I guess Iโ€™ll find out the hard way. :sweat_smile: Thank you for sharing. I was curious how others understood that as well.

I see that youโ€™ve made a decision, but I wanted to add this.

In their Gem Choices Guide, they used the phrases โ€œGem Choicesโ€ and โ€œGem Optionsโ€.

Based on that, in your scenario you have one Gem Choice and two Gem Options; therefore, I donโ€™t think it would meet the requirement.

3 Likes

I posted the trailer for OM: Mission Abort
on my insta. :smiling_face:
You should check it out! :grin:

OM: Mission Abort Trailer!!

:point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2:

I am excited to publish the story! :grin: :smile:

4 Likes

Youโ€™re right. thank you! :blush:

I see exactly what you mean now, โ€œ Aim for 2 unique gem options per Gem Choice moment.โ€ I overlooked the wording.

2 Likes

So we have to follow these 3 or can choose 1?

1. Aim for 3-5 strong Gem Choices per episode.
  2. Aim for 2 unique gem options per Gem Choice moment.
  3. Give each Gem Choice a clear pricing structure.

SYDNEY :kiss: PAMELA :boot: JULIA :butterfly: KENDALL :blue_heart: - Who do you claim?? Write below!!

Hi there lovely Episodians! :sparkles:

I am known as Laudehart/Gamnition & I am here to present, โ€œOmerelliโ€ for the Open Mic Contest!! Personally Iโ€™v been on Episode for over five years, always seeing the writing contests appear in the forumns & now I really want to blow the HAT off with this release!!

โ€œOmerelliโ€ is a 5 episode craze that follows the perspective of four main girls in the town of -
:sparkles: Lowell Springs :sparkles: it truly is a magical place. This story will contain art scenes and special gem choices tailored to your story & how you play!! The mystery will soon be uncoveredโ€ฆ

OMERELLI WILL BE RELEASED OCTOBER 1ST ! - Are you ready?!!

Be sure to follow us on Instagram for all updates xoxo

9 Likes

It depends on your Episode. Theyโ€™re generic guidelines, so you donโ€™t need to follow them, but theyโ€™re supposed to help you make good, strong Gem Choices.

1. Aim for 3-5 strong Gem Choices per episode.

You only need 2 Gem Choices for this contest, instead of 3-5. Unless thatโ€™s something you want for your Episode, thereโ€™s no reward for adding more, so I wouldnโ€™t worry about this.

2 amazing, well thought-out Gem Choices are much better 5 mediocre ones.

Thereโ€™s also a statement about having fewer gem choices in the first episode, and could be applied to all episodes if you wish.

For episode 1, consider fewer (2-3) Gem Choices, or pricing those Gem Choices slightly lower.

2. Aim for 2 unique gem options per Gem Choice moment.

It depends on the choice.

Some choices are either/or. EG: You spend gems on a bonus scene or you donโ€™t. Therefore, you only have one Gem Option.

Example from Gem Choice Slide Deck

Other choices have a scale. EG: A high cost gem choice outfit or dialogue that will greatly improve your points, a low cost gem outfit or dialogue that will slightly improve your points, the free option. In this case, you will have two Gem Options.

3. Give each Gem Choice a clear pricing structure.
This is only applicable to โ€œScale Gem Choicesโ€.

In my last scenario, where you have multiple Gem Options, you want the options to be of varying prices.

The different prices are:

• High
  • Medium
  • Low
  • Free

The screenshot is an example of what not to do - having a High-High-Free Gem Choice is not recommended. Instead, have a High-Medium-Free or Medium-Low-Free Gem Choice, etc.

To summarise, you wonโ€™t always need all of the guidelines. Some people may not use any of them, and might follow their own structure. Every Episode is different. There are so many variable factors, including you, the genre, the plot, the characters and so much more. It all depends on what works for you and your Episode.

3 Likes

Wow thank you for all your explanation. I appreciate youโ€‹:hugs::hugs:โ€ฆ

You must have at least 2 story-related gem choices in each of your first 4 chapters, for a total of 8. The gem choices included should be narrative driven and make sense based on the story.

So basically in the story must have 8 gem choices with 2 gem option is it? cannot be one gem option? :thinking:

2 Likes

Glad to help. :blush:

Yes. You can use a combination of 1 Gem Option Choices and 2 Gem Option Choices throughout. It completely depends on your choices.

An either/or choice will only have 1 gem option.

A scale choice will have multiple gem options.

2 Likes

:blush::blush:Okay I understand now :laughing::laughing: thank you for helping me :hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Can I be in the group chat as well? :smiley: @beachbabe.episode

1 Like

Finally received the cover for my entry and am super excited to share it with you! :relaxed:

๐“๐ข๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž: ๐‘ถ๐‘ด: ๐‘ฏ๐’Š๐’• ๐‘ป๐’‰๐’† ๐‘น๐’๐’‚๐’…!

๐†๐ž๐ง๐ซ๐ž: ๐ด๐‘‘๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๏ผŒ ๐‘…๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘๐‘’

๐ƒ๐ž๐ฌ๐œ๐ซ๐ข๐ฉ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง: ๐‘Œ๐‘œ๐‘ขโ€™๐‘Ÿ๐‘’ ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘œ๐‘˜๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘‘ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ ๐‘’๐‘๐‘–๐‘ ๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘Ž๐‘‘ ๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘ ๐‘ข๐‘š๐‘š๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๏ผŽ ๐‘Šโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘› ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘’๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘–๐‘™๐‘  ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘ก ๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘™๐‘Ž๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘š๐‘–๐‘›๐‘ข๐‘ก๐‘’๏ผŒ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ ๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘ฅ๐‘ฆ ๐‘๐‘œ-๐‘ค๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘˜๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๏ผŒ ๐‘คโ„Ž๐‘œ๐‘š ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘๐‘–๐‘ ๐‘’๏ผŒ ๐‘œ๐‘“๐‘“๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘  ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘—๐‘œ๐‘–๐‘› ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข๏ผŽ

๐ˆ๐ง๐œ๐ฅ๐ฎ๐๐ž๐ฌ: ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘œ๐‘–๐‘๐‘’๐‘ ๏ผŒ ๐‘ƒ๐‘œ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘ก ๐‘†๐‘ฆ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘š๏ผŒ ๐ด๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก ๐‘†๐‘๐‘’๐‘›๐‘’๐‘  ๏ผŒ 1 ๐ฟ๐ผ๏ผŒ ๐น๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘™ ๐ถ๐ถ ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘กโ„Ž ๐‘€๐ถ ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐ฟ๐ผ

๐‘๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ž ๐ƒ๐š๐ญ๐ž: ๐Ÿ”๐ญ๐ก ๐Ž๐œ๐ญ๐จ๐›๐ž๐ซ

Iโ€™m not really sure whether Iโ€™m going to make it to the deadline but Iโ€™ll try my best :white_heart:

14 Likes

hii guys :slight_smile: finally announcing my story so I feel pressured to finish it :japanese_ogre:

OM: Freak

genre: thriller

description: a young woman invites a charming stranger into her homeโ€ฆ what could possibly go wrong?

release date: October 8th

:black_heart::black_heart:

8 Likes

I can finally announce my story! :cherry_blossom:

๐‘ถ๐‘ด: ๐‘พ๐’๐’“๐’…๐’” ๐’๐’‡ ๐‘ณ๐’Š๐’๐’Š๐’†๐’”๐ŸŒธ

โœฟ ๐‘จ๐’‡๐’•๐’†๐’“ ๐’”๐’•๐’‚๐’“๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’‚ ๐’๐’†๐’˜ ๐’๐’Š๐’‡๐’†, ๐’€๐’—๐’‚๐’Š๐’๐’† ๐’Ž๐’†๐’†๐’•๐’” ๐’‚ ๐’Ž๐’š๐’”๐’•๐’†๐’“๐’Š๐’๐’–๐’” ๐‘ซ๐’–๐’Œ๐’†, ๐’˜๐’‰๐’ ๐’•๐’†๐’๐’๐’” ๐’‰๐’†๐’“ ๐’‚ ๐’‡๐’‚๐’Ž๐’Š๐’๐’š ๐’๐’†๐’ˆ๐’†๐’๐’… ๐’‚๐’ƒ๐’๐’–๐’• ๐’‚ ๐’‰๐’Š๐’…๐’…๐’†๐’ ๐’•๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’”๐’–๐’“๐’†. ๐‘จ๐’๐’… ๐’”๐’‰๐’† ๐’Š๐’” ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’Œ๐’†๐’š ๐’•๐’ ๐’‡๐’Š๐’๐’…๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’Š๐’•. ๐‘ถ๐’๐’† ๐’‘๐’“๐’๐’ƒ๐’๐’†๐’Ž - ๐’”๐’‰๐’† ๐’Ž๐’–๐’”๐’• ๐’Ž๐’‚๐’“๐’“๐’š ๐’‰๐’Š๐’Ž.

โœฟโœฟโœฟโœฟโœฟโœฟโœฟโœฟโœฟโœฟโœฟโœฟโœฟโœฟโœฟโœฟโœฟโœฟ

โœฟ๐‘ฎ๐’†๐’๐’“๐’†: ๐‘น๐’๐’Ž๐’‚๐’๐’„๐’† :white_heart:
โœฟ ๐‘ช๐’‰๐’๐’Š๐’„๐’†๐’” ๐’Ž๐’‚๐’•๐’•๐’†๐’“;
โœฟ ๐‘ถ๐’๐’† ๐’Ž๐’‚๐’Š๐’ ๐’๐’๐’—๐’† ๐’Š๐’๐’•๐’†๐’“๐’†๐’”๐’•;
โœฟ ๐‘จ๐’…๐’—๐’‚๐’๐’„๐’†๐’… ๐’…๐’Š๐’“๐’†๐’„๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ;
โœฟ ๐‘ญ๐’–๐’๐’ ๐‘ช๐‘ช;

Gem choices, such as: bonus scenes, outfit choices, will only be in first 4 episodes.

โœฟ ๐‘ท๐’–๐’ƒ๐’๐’Š๐’”๐’‰ ๐’…๐’‚๐’•๐’†: 6th of October โœฟ

8 Likes

Iโ€™ve had som many things going on recently, I havenโ€™t finished my entry and donโ€™t have the time to do so before the deadline, so disappointed in myself.

1 Like