Announcing the Own Voices Writer’s Contest!

Looks like he’s already facing right?

1 Like

Yay
It worked facing left i meant
Thank you

2 Likes

Do you also know more about point system

1 Like

No sadly): I’ve been on episode for awhile but it’s kind of confusing to me. There’s probably videos on it though!

If you have any more questions just dm me since it’ll get flagged as off topic :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok thank you

1 Like

What if they are mutiple main characters and li
Is it still compulsory for them to be shown at first chapter

1 Like

@Tory is ok to enter a story you’ve written if someone else codes it for you? Like the script and complete story is written by you, but someone else puts it in episode code format.

1 Like

OV: Fixing Noah by Elizabeth
Genre: Romance
Description: Callie gives the biggest nerd in school a makeover, along the way he helps her anxiety she doesn’t know he has a crush on her, will she feel the same?
Choices/Art scenes/ FULL CC/ 1 LI
(I update it twice a week!)

3 Likes

@Tory is it ok for my plot to be like this, bc i don’t rlly understand:

can you write about not fitting in or having disabilities?

1 Like

Ok so I’m really confused about this contest but I hope you guys don’t spread hate about it. I’m actually not sure why it receives so much hate. Is it because the deadline’s too short and the theme isn’t clear?

2 Likes

A lot of people don’t like it because it’s not as inclusive as other themes.

3 Likes

Hi… @Tory
I don’t know if u will reply or not… :upside_down_face:

But I was just going to fill out the form and I saw that there are sections to fill our social handles…

Can I fill in two social handles?
I mean I am co-writing with someone, so can I mention both’s username?
or just one who is the main author?

Thanku…for your help…

1 Like

@writer.yum dana amarie has a tutorial for the point system!

her guides and templates are very helpful!

3 Likes

It’s not about the deadline, it’s about the theme. Others don’t like writing about themselves/what they’ve experienced within a community. Example: Writing about disabilities, or their sexualities, etc. Things they’ve experienced with good/bad outcomes, etc. If you don’t want to write about yourself, then don’t. Wait for another contest to come.

3 Likes

I can’t believe there hasn’t been any more clarification since like the first week it was announced):

most of the current Own Voices shelf stories don’t show experiences within a community but instead the authors are in that community. So do our characters have to show struggle or is it just to highlight monitory authors??

2 Likes

I entered OV:Fixing Noah

1 Like

I know.

1 Like

Alright i think im dropping out of this one :sob:

3 Likes

Hey, guys!!
We have published out entry!
We will appreciate if you can check it out and give your thoughts! :pray: :pleading_face:

Link- Episode Writer Portal

Cover thumb!

OV_KNIGHT_MYSELF_posterThumb_DArVTpWdyd

Thanku so much!

7 Likes

Congrats!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like