Announcing the Own Voices Writer’s Contest!

Mine is going to be a short story so I’ll probably make the first 3 chapters and stop

3 Likes

Oh wow :hushed: I always see people do that and I still wonder how :grin: I don’t think I could ever make a story that short … but good luck! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you it means the world to me!! <3

1 Like

I actually envy you for the fact that you’re able to do this.

I feel like if I was to attempt such a thing, it’d still feel like more could be added… and then I’d have to, because the thought would be right there in my head.

1 Like

I suck so bad at continuing a story😭 I would probably publish 3 chapters and then drop it.

1 Like

Oh, it’s the opposite for me. :rofl: :joy:

The one thing I can say is that: where I might struggle to write short stories… I always continue them. [Unless we’re talking about my old INK stories. I dropped those so fast, because I much prefer limelight.]

1 Like

do you guys think including about a town that is living in the past (so basically backwards/racist people) would be okay guidelines wise? no slurs or anything, but implied racism.

1 Like

send a support ticket to the team

3 Likes

I already have 8 chapters out for my OV story!

3 Likes

@Tory

One thing that I’ve never known about, in regards to contest rules is… are we allowed to use characters from our own previously published stories, as background characters in contest entries?! And are they allowed to have speaking roles?!

I’ve always been curious as to whether that was okay or not.

1 Like

Trust you’ll meet up :blush: You got this :100:

1 Like

Oh no :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Wow

1 Like

@Tory - With background, overlay and cover approvals being really slow, lately… will everything still be approved on time if we upload them on this date?!

3 Likes

yes, it should be approved on that day as well, tbh. But after the deadline day, it’s over. We do get approvals on the deadline, last time I checked. But wait for Tory response, I’m certain we should. :thinking:

1 Like

:cry: i wanted to enter with a 3 episode story but i’ve been having a bug for the past few days that doesn’t let me preview my stories so i have to drop out.

however, i did make a reading list so if anyone entering wants to put their story down here’s the link: Login • Instagram

good luck to everyone entering : )

5 Likes

Can you only add your story once it’s out or also when it’s not out yet?

1 Like

you can add it before it’s out; i’m not going to start reading them until after the deadline.

1 Like

Okay! Thank you :relaxed:

If you’re entering the contest & are looking for a cover, I am hosting a giveaway to win a free cover for the next 48 hours! Follow Instagram if interested in entering. :green_heart:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfn10joOs8m/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Good luck to everyone! Can’t wait to read your stories! :star_struck:

2 Likes