Announcing the REVEAL Writer's Contest!

I’m going to try and enter. :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

there’s actually nothing wrong with this! many people start off the story, but don’t know how to end it and the story flops. so if you know how you’re ending it, then you’re good to go! that way you can cleverly plan around the ending and it can end in a nice way.

10 Likes

Agreed.

7 Likes

What’s a good amount of lines for this?
I don’t use much enters in my script.

1 Like

The amount of lines can vary depending on what you code: eg. minigames and branches make the code longer but doesn’t make the episode longer.

I’d say the episodes should last around 15 minutes each, but it depends on the content. You don’t want to under/overfill your episodes either.

4 Likes

If you have your title already, feel free to share it here!

5 Likes

@Melani3 Can the readers know about the “reveal” beforehand and it’s revealed to MC later? Like it would be within the first 3 episodes but the readers would know it’s coming when the MC wouldn’t.

6 Likes

Another sneak peek. I think this story will be short, so not that long.

4 Likes

Me to myself: Oh ahaha, definitely do not wanter to enter! I have so many other episode and non-episode related things to do, so no way!
Also me:

17 Likes

@Melani3 Yeah, does it have to be revealed during the three episodes because I wanted to have build up during those.

1 Like

According to her, yes

2 Likes

Okay, thank you!

2 Likes

There needs to be a big reveal in the first 3 episodes and the rest of the story is supposed to center around what happens now BECAUSE of the reveal.

4 Likes

ahh that makes sense, I just thought it would kind of be moving to fast, to already address the “secret”. I’ll have to figure some ways to pace it so it doesn’t feel rushed. But, thank you!

1 Like

This contest isn’t just “have a plot twist in the story” the main FOCUS of the story is supposed to be what happens after the reveal. That’s why it needs to be in the first 3 episodes.

4 Likes

Yeah, that makes sense

2 Likes

me every contest

inner thoughts- don’t do girl it’s not worth it don’t do it
me- i’m not gonna do i was just thinking about it i’m not gonna do it

6 weeks later

me- i did it

4 Likes

I’m almost done my first chapter!! Yay!:joy::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Another question,
When you change the MC’s name do you like a cannon name?

1 Like

could anyone quickly check over my plot and help me out? :sparkling_heart:
i don’t want to ask a friend as i possibly want to keep my plot a complete surprise, so if anyone could help me i’d be very grateful <3

thankssss!

4 Likes