Announcing the Risk and Reward Writer's Contest

Yeah, if I remember it correctly then only the reads after the deadline count :thinking:

3 Likes

K. Tysm. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I HOPE YOU READ MY STORY :heart:

4 Likes

I’M COMPLETELY STRESSING OUT!!!
I want to go back through my story again, but I’ve just seen it so many times it’s getting old. I’m publishing tomorrow, but I also kinda want to do it today just to get it over with BUT I don’t want to publish it with mistakes. I ultimately decided to start chapter 4, but I have not written anything and I am so vexed omg. No idea why I’m making a big deal out of it since there’s no way I’ll win but of course I have to hope i will. Honestly entering contests is horrible for my mental health, yet here I am about to submit my second contest entry (out of two stories I’ve ever written) and I am experiencing so much anxiety that my grammar has gone down the drain.

Good luck everyone! No idea how I’m going to pull off 20 R4Rs when I hardly spend any time on the app. :sweat_smile: And then there’s all the other people that joined my reading list…
Anyway, HAVE FUN, people. I might not be, but you can, at least!

lmao ill probably delete this later might get flagged for spam

8 Likes

Yup, I should slow down and mostly think about what is good for me. And after it’s published - take a feedback and take into consideration others opinion. :hugs: because now I worry too much. :smiley: Just hit the button and showtime!

4 Likes

I wrote about it to Melanie and she said to me:

“Reads count towards your 100 reads any time after your story has been published, even if it is before the deadline.”

5 Likes

So if people read it before the deadline, it’s still okay? No changes in scoring or smth? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ah, thank you for sharing! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t think so, this is what she message to me :thinking:
I think that you need to have this 100 reads, and if it was before or after - doesn’t matter.

1 Like

K. Tysm :kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

No problem, guys :black_heart: :black_heart: :black_heart:

1 Like

Omg are you serious :no_mouth:

All that stress which my ft entry caused me was worth for nothing lmao

Yeah, I’m with you in this :rofl:

1 Like

So do you guys think it’s easier to get 100 reads when you publish before the deadline? :thinking:

2 Likes

I don’t know to be honest, because I didn’t publish yet. :thinking: but maybe, because now everyone will do it. But they said that we have time for gain reads, so we’ll see how it works.
It’s my first story and contest, so I’m a little bit stressed, but oh well, new adventure!
(I took a risk :>)

4 Likes

Lol me too. I published an hour ago but I’m not sure about the reads and etc :sweat_smile:

Contest entries tend to gain more reads than normal stories. With all the reading lists and episode groups out there for reviews
You can guarantee 100 reads with full retention

3 Likes

Yeah, same here! To be honest, because it’s my first contest as well, I’m not even expecting to win a place in the R&R shelf. :joy: But I hope the knowledge and experience I gain in this one will help me in future contests to come.

6 Likes

It’s good attitude! Share some wisdom to me :smiley: because me and my inner perfection need to chill and don’t take this too serious. It’s about writing, trying and enjoying something new. If we don’t win - that’s okay (especially that I saw many beautiful plots and sneak peaks from stories, like I’m jealous rn.) :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Lol the only reason I joined the contest is because

1. ik I won’t win so no pressure from anyone :joy:
  2. reading lists existed so I can get more reads
  3. my plot anyway had the mc taking a risk

Soo yeah😳

4 Likes