Announcing the Risk and Reward Writer's Contest

thank you

Wow, I’m excited for this!:heart_eyes:

@Melani3 Does the story have to include a reward too?

Can you pm me?

The risk is that the mc gets a scholarship for a sport but has to leave her family and friends behind. I just have trouble on the reward

@whitney99

It doesn’t have to include a reward as Melani said bc the risk doesn’t necessarily need to end up in a reward✨

3 Likes

ok

1 Like

Can we use read4reads to meet the requirement of at least 100 reads?

3 Likes

Yep!

1 Like

Hey @Melani3, if I show my character’s risk in the first chapter, and then do a time jump to the past to show what brought her to the moment where she’s taking the risk, would that be alright? (The story focuses on her life after, but the first three chapters in particular mostly show what brought her to that moment.)

1 Like

I’m not Melanie, but this is what she said in a previous reply

Edit: I think @agatya’s reply was actually a better answer to this question. While you can have a story that shows the risk at the beginning and then show the events leading up to that risk, it might not be the best fit for this contest. Stories should really focus more on what happens after the risk, not what happens before :blob_turtle:

4 Likes

I think that should answer the question? :smiling_face:

3 Likes

So excited to hopefully participate in my first contest!

2 Likes

Well good luck to you then!
(And good luck to everyone else as well)

3 Likes

Ooh, I love it! You’re really good with descriptions, it makes me really excited to try your story :wink: as soon as it comes out

1 Like

Thank you!

Yup… I’ve planned everything now!

R&R: Crystal Abyss

You lead a somewhat normal life until a mission turns up: lead an expedition that could save all of humanity as you know it, and your entire world crumbles.

Might be changed :sweat_smile:

Genre: Fantasy about magic and sorcery.

7 Likes

I’m joining with my friend @goldenwaterlily

Instagrams for sneak peaks and updates:
Makayla.reed.episode and Goldenwaterlily

10 Likes

R&R: Clone on the Loose

Authors: @purplerosewrites and @aiR
Description: Michelle has a lot on her plate. And by that, I mean A LOT. So, she makes the impulsive decision to create a clone of herself. However, things don’t go exactly as planned…
Genre: Comedy
Style: Limelight

We’ll be posting sneak peeks and updates on our IG accounts, @purplerosewrites and @eccentricstuffs :eyes:

9 Likes

I am so excited to read everyone’s entries for this contest!! Good luck to everyone who enters!

11 Likes