Announcing the Risk and Reward Writer's Contest

Lmao :joy::joy: didn’t think this way. Episode fooling us all.

2 Likes

since it is close to 3 weeks after the deadline, i was wondering who has been and who hasn’t been reviewed yet!

my story hasn’t been reviewed yet, so no worries if yours hasn’t been either! i just like to see some sort of statistics. :slight_smile:

• Yes, my story has been reviewed
  • No, not yet

0 voters

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

still quite some without reviews. hopefully we will get a review soon :crossed_fingers:t2:

3 Likes

Still no review for me despite the story having over 1K reads and trending multiple times (I can tell because I have another story in the same genre that’s been trending, and my R&R entry is ranked higher overall). Weirdly enough, it does sometimes show up in the trending section on the app, but never goes above 101 on the portal. Any thoughts on how to move this process along?

3 Likes

Hey,
They reviewed my story today! Like 3 hours ago. I was worried too but now I’m rank 24 in my genre :two_hearts: So don’t worry!

2 Likes

my story was reviewed around a week ago.

But i’ve heard that there’s certain genres that they don’t review as fast as others, whether or not that’s actually true, i don’t know, but that could be a possibility as to why your story isn’t reviewed yet?

1 Like

@LanaRose Oh that’s good to know! I’m crossing my fingers it’ll be soon! Thank you :heart:

@StoryWriter10 thank you for the info! It’s in Adventure which is definitely one of the less popular genres so that would make sense!

3 Likes

That’s interesting though, because mine’s in Drama and hasn’t been reviewed either. Drama’s pretty big, so I feel like that theory is pretty made up? I’m also at 300+ reads and I guess people with 100 or so were already reviewed :thinking:

2 Likes

your story is also in adventure, right? mine is too. i currently have 800+ reads and have been stuck on 101 for ages too. :rofl:

3 Likes

Mine has been stuck on 101 too for so long! I’m in thriller and trended once, but haven’t been reviewed. It’s so weird because I’m always so close to the top yet I can’t get under the 101. Could it be cause I only got around 250 reads? :thinking:

1 Like

Mine’s in adventure too and didn’t get review either, though I have way less reads (still 100+) :joy:
I’m not sure if it’ll be review at all anymore :thinking:

@Winteronepisode hmm, that’s strange then. I would definitely think drama would be amongst the first categories reviewed (if they review by genre!). Hopefully you’ll be reviewed soon!

@saol Yes, we’re also in Adventure! It does seem like Adventure stories in particular have been reviewed less than others, so hopefully they’re still getting to our genre :neutral_face:

@Emma_episode_03 you’re just stuck at 101 because it hasn’t been reviewed! If your story hasn’t been reviewed, they won’t let it in the top 100 because they don’t want it showing up on the app if it hasn’t been vetted.

We submitted a ticket to Episode about not being reviewed yet, so we’ll see what they say!

4 Likes

if they give any insight regarding reviewing let me know!

2 Likes

This theory is probably wrong :sweat_smile: but perhaps genres like adventure and thriller have a larger number of stories in the review queue? Since for genres hardest to trend in like romance and drama, it’s harder to get up to 100 so there might be a shorter queue of unreviewed stories!

1 Like

It’s probably by who has the highest reader retention. The higher the reader retention, the better the story is to the public, so if your story has higher reader retention, your story will probably be reviewed first.

The theory does make sense, but I was stuck at rank 102 in genre (drama) or a while before it eventually went way up (well, down…) again. I’m honestly not sure how Episode reviews, I think it’s pretty random from all I’ve seen.

1 Like

idk about that one, for my story like 90% is from r4r with proof. and especially in the first two weeks it was close to 100% of r4r. so i am a bit at loss of understanding the review system.

1 Like