Announcing The Something Different Contest!

In general, there is nothing wrong with a love story. I quite enjoy reading them. But lately, it seems like all stories on Episode are the same. They’re about falling for the bad boy, the billionaire, the vampire, the mafia leader. Honestly, it’s getting old. That’s why I’ve created the Something Different contest!

The contest’s premise is simple. Come up with a plot for your story that you haven’t seen on Episode before. Subvert tropes and expectations, create a unique cast, and get creative with your ideas!
Rules:

1. Romance is allowed, but do something unique with your love story. Give me more than “falling for the bad boy.”
  2. I would advise against using the “enemies to lovers” trope. Your two characters’ changing relationship will distract from the main plot, pulling the focus toward the romance.
  3. Your story must have “Something Different” in the title. An example of this format would be “Something Different: My Story.”
  4. Your entry may be a previously published story on Episode. Please add “Something Different” to the title.
  5. You may write in any art style, and in either the spotlight or cinematic formats.
  6. Once you’re ready to publish, leave a link to your story and a description of its plot in the Promote Stories thread.

There is no contest deadline. I’d like to continue this for as long as I can. But starting on October First, I’ll select a Story of the Month. The monthly winner will receive a poem about their story written by me.

For regular updates on this contest, follow @somethingdifferent.contest on Instagram.

7 Likes

Something Different: Falling Rain

INK

Kyle Jones is a deaf/Epileptic child stuck in the hospital. River is his only bright light, his best friend. But she has stage three cancer and not too much time left…

Clarification: River is NOT the love interest

Link: will be added when it is published

4 Likes

Sounds good can’t wait for publication!

2 Likes

I’m intrigued! I look forward to reading your story.

2 Likes

Here us the info for my story!
Title: Miracle
MC(Main Character): Andrea Jones
Time the story takes place in: 1983(beginning) then changes to 2004.
Boyfriend/Girlfriend: Lucas Hunt
Occupation of MC: Farmer, she works on her families farm before the explosion then work other various jobs after.

Plot: After an astrod hits Earth in 1983. Killing thousands, some were lucky enough to survive the stray asteriod. But then again, it could happen again. The only problem is that you don’t know who is alive because of the amount of rumble.

Link: Will be up when it is published.

Thanks to everyone who plans on entering the contest!

Wait??? Serious???

1 Like

Title: Something Different: © Tribe of Malapinchi (Original) [COMPLETE]
Author: Jannah Jackson
Story Description:
Tales of the Old Asians warned that WW2 scars still plagued the exotic-cursed tribe in the mythical land within the Pacific Ring of Fire at East South East Asia. The land of Sun, light & black magic, lies and dark secrets. Can you survive, solve the havoc, cleanse and heal, save and free everyone before it’s too late? Or die in vain?
FullCC/Choices Matter/MiniGames/Tappables
Genre: Realistic-Fantasy/Mystery/ Adventure/Thriller/Horror
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5909308359180288
Cover (With symbolic meanings of the cover inside the story too)

Yup done. It’s already published and completed story though… And it stated previous publication could be used so I thought I’d give it a shot :smiley:

1 Like

This looks so good! I love the cover.

1 Like

Thank you!!!

Hi can I check have you receive any entries so far and if you have, have you read any of them?

Yes! I’ve read your entry. :smiley:

I’ve been meaning to ask - what’s your Instagram account?

I don’t have an Episode related instagram. But if you wish to tag you can do so on my personal one @jannahjackson

1 Like