Announcing the Stuck With You Writer's Contest!

@Melani3
Because I’ve seen no clear rules regarding what I’m about to ask, I was wondering…

Is it okay to have characters from my previous stories, as background characters in the contest entry?!
It’s still a completely different story, it’s not a sequel, prequel or spin off to any other story that I’ve currently got going, and it’s 100% stand alone!
I just wish to bring some of my favourite characters that I’ve ever created into the contest entry, too! Though their roles will be little more than that of background characters.

1 Like

I got a question, does the title NEED to be “stuck with you” and nothing else?? Can it be like “stuck with him” “stuck with her” “stuck with name” or maybe “stuck with you: love interest’s name”?

Or else everyone would have the same exact title lol

1 Like

Hey you format your title with the needed “name” So you’d title it something like: SWY: The Roommates

4 Likes

@liv.yoo :point_up_2:

2 Likes

I think so since many do that.

2 Likes

Oh, I didn’t know that! Thank you! :blush:

2 Likes

Where are the poll makers? Aren’t you curious as to where everyone reached in their story? lol

I’ll do it. Just for today… I got you, boo…

Approximately 24 more days to go (not counting today).

Where you all reach in your SWY story?

• I’m still in the planning stage/ didn’t start yet.
  • Coding Chap 1
  • Proofreading Chap 1
  • Coding Chap 2
  • Proofreading Chap 2
  • Coding Chap 3
  • Proofreading Chap 3
  • Finish, just proofreading.
  • Finish, waiting to publish
  • Already Published.
  • Dropped out.
  • Not entering, just here to chill…
  • Rather not say/ It’s confidential…

0 voters

Thank you for voting!

6 Likes

'm gonna announce my story again cuz I have a new cover and description. :sweat_smile:

Title: Her Stolen Dream
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Adventure
Description: A royal engagement between Chloe and Liam goes wrong when the king is killed. Now, Chloe must protect the underage prince and kingdom. What will happen when she’s stuck with the prince?

Cover:

• What to expect:
  1. Advanced Direction
  2. Choices that matter
  3. Limited CC for MC
  4. Mini Games
  5. Bonus scenes
  6. Drawn and edited art scenes
  7. Strong female MC :wink:

7 Likes

Announcing my story: SWY: A Perfect Storm

Genre: Romance with a lot of drama! :grin:

Description: Sparks of hatred fly every time Keela meets Ares - her new boss. But to save the company, they have to work together. Who knew this would heat their relationship even more…? (might change)

What to expect: Full CC for both MC and Li, advanced directing, choices, enemies to lovers trope, and DRAMA!

Release date: October 2021

Meet the Characters

You can find more on my Instagram: @dyan.stories

17 Likes

Announcing me and my co-writer’s entry

Title: SWY: Brighter Times
Description: Liliana Fernandez thought she had her future planned out. But when she ends up stuck with an uncle she never knew she had, will the future be as set in stone as she thought?
2 mc’s, 1 li (The male love interest is already married)
Release Date: September 28th 2021
IG account @kaceyandallie.on.episode

8 Likes

What’s the earliest you can publish?
I wasn’t going to join another contest but the DL contest and this one actually fit into stories I had ideas about already, so I figured why not. I know one post said 9-15 days before the deadline, I am almost done with my entry, and I don’t know if there is a “too soon” to publish?
TYIA

You can publish whenever you want, as long as it is before the deadline. But it’s better to publish 2-3 days before the deadline. Reads only counts after the deadline. :blush:

1 Like

I was thinking of the 10 days before, mostly because I waited with my DL entry and it didn’t do me any good to wait, It never even got reviewed by episode even though it reached over a hundred reads.
Thanks for responding though :slight_smile:

Okay… your cover is gorgeous :star_struck::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: which artist did you use and was it free or commissioned?

1 Like

Not every contest entry is reviewed even if it has over 100 reads. I already entered two contest, one story had 200 reads and it was reviewed, the other had over 1k reads and it wasn’t reviewed :woman_shrugging::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: it really depends on reader retention rate and how high is your in the ranking.

1 Like

It was made by @wolffikim . It was commissioned. Actually the artist has commissions open at this moment :blush:

Okay thank you!

I think the reads count before the deadline as well. Reader retention doesn’t tho, but reads do count towards the minimum required to go to the next stage.

1 Like

I thought that was odd too when I was told stories with over 100 reads get reviewed for contests, heck I have a story with less than 100 reads approved and one with almost 50k never even paid attention to by episodes :joy::joy:

Yes, towards the minimum it counts. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I forgot to say that…

1 Like