Announcing the winners of the Fantastical Contest!

It would be nice if you didn’t feel the need to post this on a post congratulating the winners of the contest. It takes away from what this post is about. It’s about saying well done, not questioning the conditions in which the winners, won.
You have other posts already about this very topic. I just don’t feel this is the appropriate platform to air your concerns and questions about the contest. The winners just entered a contest and won. Let them have their moment. If you’re still not happy you’ve not got a response to your questions that you’re satisfied with, then add to your other posts about this or contact Episode directly.
I don’t want to come across as negative, you want answers and I get that, I just don’t feel this is the place, especially considering you have raised this already in other posts and have created specific posts in relation to this x

10 Likes

Thank you very much for your opinion.

As I said initially, the appeal has nothing to do with questioning the winners, it’s simply not that. We have congratulated the winners on their deserved victory.

The only reason I am raising these questions here is because we are not getting answers anywhere else, not in other topics, not via private requests. I specifically waited a day after the results were announced to let the winners celebrate. However, we were promised answers long ago and still nobody hasn’t clarified anything. Since we are not getting answers anywhere else I find this thread the best place to draw the attention to the existing concerns.

2 Likes

It just saddens me that another post congratulating the winners is the place you feel you need to question how the contest is judged. I want you to know I’m not against you asking, it’s just where you are. They’re not answering when you message them directly or on the other posts you’ve made about this, so you feel raising this on these contest posts will mean you’re heard, get it noticed. But they have noticed, I know Liz has responded (albeit not what you wanted) on other posts and in other places you’ve asked this. So they do know you’re asking. If you have messaged them directly, then again, they do know. But like you say, you’re trying to draw attention, but like I say, it’s just sad you’re doing it on a congratulatory post. Kind of takes away from what this post is about, that’s all x

9 Likes

I understand your concern but, unfortunately, I don’t see any more options for the initiative. Indeed, we got an answer once, but only once, and it was really back ago and we still haven’t got any update at all since then. If Episode could at least clarify the existing system (I am not even saying altering it in any way) then there would have been no need for these questions, especially here. It doesn’t take much time to clarify a few questions. Unfortunately, there is, however, no dialogue in place. I also wish we didn’t have to drag the discussion under this post, it saddens me as well. However, there simply just isn’t much alternative. I did my best to soften this as much as I could to raise the issue very mildly but at the same time I can’t ignore the concerns that exist in this community, I hope you understand that.

4 Likes

I’ve already said I understand why you’re asking, but we’ll have to agree to disagree that this is an appropriate and respectful place to ask again. I can only hope you get a response you want this time and that you won’t feel the need to invade the next contest winners post or the next one…

8 Likes

I’ll have to agree with @amepisode… As much as I support your initiative, I don’t think this is the right thread for it… You guys already talked about this in the H & V winners thread if I’m not wrong and you all have made a thread regarding this issue, too…

8 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

I understand, it’s ok. I also hope that the answers will be given so that we don’t have to ask again. Unfortunately, that just doesn’t fully depend on us but we won’t push this anymore. At least not here, it was only meant to be a mild reminder anyway. We by no means wanted to offend anyone. I guess it didn’t quite work, so we will try to be more considerate, thanks for flagging this.

Thanks again for your feedback, girls!

6 Likes

Oh! Thanks! :pray:t3:

hi, I was wondering how we can know about a contest before it happens so we can get the story ready…?

On the forums in the section is where contest are announced.

1 Like

I know you’re upset about the contest system, but @amepisode is right. This is a congratulatory post and should be treated as such. The winners put in so much hard work and time, let that be appreciated. Liz has contacted you directly in the past, at this point you have received an answer. I don’t wish to come across as rude but this is simply not the place to protest the contest… There are other threads for that. So far there have been tons of beautiful entries on these shelves and they all deserve their place there. Many people have to keep working and entering contests before the win, if they ever win. That’s just life. You win some, you lose some. There’s more aspects to contests than winning or scores. Large parts of it is interacting with other authors and supporting each other on the app.

It’s a contest, sadly not everyone can win and when other community members win we should celebrate that. Not try to make their win seem unworthy or invalid.

9 Likes

They have rubrics attached to the original contest post :slight_smile: I would recommend rereading your story and try grading it to see how you’re doing. :black_heart:

Couldn’t have put it better myself :heart:

1 Like

I already posted on Instagram but completely forgot to check the forums!! Thank you so much @episode and everyone who supported my story, I screamed when I found out I made the shelf among such brilliant, creative and beautifully written stories :tired_face::hearts: couldn’t be more grateful, really! besides that, I’ve been mass reading TONS of amazing entries and honestly, this contest was such a blast! aside from the fact that fantasy is my favorite genre to read in (which is mainly why I enjoyed it so much) the quality of most stories was overall sooooo good!! can’t wait to see those featured on future shelves :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Thank you very much for your feedback.

We are not questioning the winners’ hard work who, again, completely deserve their spot on the shelf, we are only questioning the system itself. We understand your point of view and respect it. As you can see, we have stopped pushing the issue further and we haven’t been active since then.

If you wish us to delete the original post, please, let us know. We don’t want to argue, we are a peaceful initiative, we are just trying to be heard as our questions have been dodged for over a few months. We only believe that the hard work of all the participants deserves to be acknowledged. Of course, only the best win and get their well-deserved spot on the shelf but we all deserve at least to know our scores. That would definitely support many and help all of us develop and become better, that’s where we stand.

4 Likes