Announcing the Write Stuff Contest!

“While not required we do strongly encourage you to include romantic plot lines in your stories.”

Why?

14 Likes

And can the winners please be more than just romance stories in this case? :smiling_face_with_tear:

19 Likes

With the way they added this in, I don’t think that’s going to happen lol :sob: :sleepy:. If you want a shot on the winner’s shelf, you’ll probably have to add an LI and romance somewhere into your plot. Romance isn’t my strong suit but both of my story ideas have 1 LI each, so I think I’ll be alright :sweat_smile: :laughing:.

14 Likes

5 chapters @Tory ?? :melting_face::face_with_peeking_eye:
Is there a way for us to have more time or lessen the chapter limit ?

16 Likes

Because it sells! :cry:

6 Likes

Sounds fun! Debating whether to join or not :smiling_face_with_tear:
Good luck to everyone who’s joining! :heart:

3 Likes

Tbh I wanted t to be a “themed” contest, oh well.

5 Likes

I just started on a story, still in the first episode. Can I continue that for this contest? @Tory

As long as it’s unpublished it should be allowed

1 Like

Thanks!

Oh no this is too soon, will there be another contest after this, before this year ends @Tory ? :face_holding_back_tears::eyes:

1 Like

Omg I really want to join but I’m nearly done with the revamp of my already published story (that’s unpublished currently) and well… that wouldn’t work out :smiling_face_with_tear: even if I have loads of ideas I suck at working on multiple things at once

2 Likes

Exactly! I want to join the contest but there’s so many things on my plate now and I’m bad at multitasking :sweat_smile: I wish we have more than 24 hours a day :joy:

4 Likes

Excited about this. Hopefully, I can enter :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t have access to the google docs @Tory

5 Likes
4 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

i’m seeing quite a few people complain about this:

think about it like this, what does every episode official have? romance. what do most (i can’t say all as they’ve had horror/thriller contests in the past–which i’m sure don’t include any romance–but you get my point.) contest winner stories include? romance.

and it’s not like they said you NEED to have romance in your story or put it in the genre, to be fair. they’re just saying it’s encouraged because it’s what does well on this app, like i mentioned before.

for example, if you compare a story with ZERO romance to the reads of a story that DOES have a form of romance (or is just in the romance genre), the story with romance is more likely to trend and have more readers. that’s just because it’s what readers want 99% of the time, and as someone else said before me:

which is true, people are less likely to read a story without a love interest or any form of romance, whether that sounds believable or not. :sweat_smile:

Edit: and to add onto this, just look at the top 10 trending overall stories. i’m sure they’re all either in romance or drama and contain a pursuable love interest. :ok_hand:

(take a shot every time i say “romance” challenge)

18 Likes

Okay cool! I have four chapters written and a chapter and a half coded of a story I haven’t published yet. I think I’ll take my chances with it on this contest!

4 Likes

Two months to write 5 chapters!! That’s not a good time limit imo. Sometimes it can take me 1 month just to do one chapter as I can’t go on the portal everyday.

8 Likes