💕 Any art advice is helpful 💕

Any art advice is helpful at this point. So I had this crazy idea :bulb: of beginning to draw. So, any art advice is helpful so from how to use ibis paint x to shading. Any advice will be good & really help me out :sparkles: so drop them down :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Ooooo yayyy I’m excited for you hun :partying_face: .
Uhhh let’s see, well my personal first rule of IbisPaintX would be to use a large canvas. At least 2000 by 2000 ( idk if you already know that :sweat_smile: ).
Dip pen hard is one of the best brushes to use. I also have (well it’s not mine) a really good shading tutorial. Lmk if you have any other questions as I’m just throwing out general stuff right now. :joy:
:purple_heart:

2 Likes

Omg thank u and I literally don’t know nothing so the canvas size is going to really help me out! Thanks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Ofc! Yeah using a large canvas has more “ground to cover” but makes the quality sooo much better. Which is something I didn’t learn until way later. I’m not the greatest editor/artist or whatver but IbisPaintX is my child at this point. :rofl: :sob:

1 Like

Hi.If you are interested in learning.

I’ve got a male eye tutorial using ibis paint x in which I also give various tips and discuss common beginner mistakes in the video.I will be making more tutorials like below in the future.So if you like it don’t forget to leave a follow.

maybe you might also be interested @PurpleRadiance

5 Likes

Thank you so much :sparkles:

1 Like

Lol, thanks I have seen your tutorial before. I’m actually looking for a new hair one, because the hair I’m trying to do right now is killing me :sweat_smile:. But thank you

2 Likes

Umm when outlining, or really anything, don’t be afraid to keep adding layers. It’s the absolute worst when you realise that they are on the same layer :sob:

Oh and drawing takes a lot of time! When I first started I would get really impatient and spend up to ten minutes on one thing, now it takes up to 40 minutes to colour the hair…

2 Likes

Thank ya :two_hearts:

1 Like

Bump :sparkles:

there’s this hair tut. i found through the forums and it’s been super helpful(my drawings don’t look like it tho XD)

2 Likes

Thanks Sara :sparkles:

1 Like

Bump ~ every advice is helpful. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I was wondering if any of u guys know any face and clothes shading tutorials or advices? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Bump :pleading_face:

I am still looking for advice. :yellow_heart:

1 Like

I “have” (not mine :sweat_smile:) a nice skin shading tutorial if you’d like!

1 Like

I would love it if u would share it with me! Sorry for answering late :joy:

1 Like

Hm, use both hard brushes and airbrush to shade (thought I recommend use hard brushes to shade mostly). You should also learn anatomy since it helps with knowing where and how to shade + what type of brushes to use

2 Likes

Thank u so
Much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hey! @nicollil

If you still need art advice I have a few:

1. Always have stabilizer on all the way (so you can have a cleaner outline when drawing:)

1. When shading I recommend to get the exact same color of the skin tone of the char and make it slightly darker. And use different layers when shading each arm, leg of the body because if you use the same layer for the entire shading part some parts of the body won’t look as though it’s been shaded in.

Then make the opacity of the darker shade of the skin see through a bit:

Then you go to the section “filter” on the left side of Ibis Paint X and you use Gaussian Blur and set the setting of Gaussian blur however blurry you would like it to look for shading.

I hope this helps!

2 Likes