Any friends out there with memory loss and/or amnesia? (Or people just curious about memory loss)

So I don’t remember the first 13-14 years of my life. I only remember 15 and beyond. Technically (according to my brain) I’ve only been on this earth mentally for like five years.
I just wanted to see if there’s anyone else out there who has memory issues or a similar situation to mine.
(Because uh I need some new memory loss jokes guys) also people think it’s pretty crazy that I can’t remember the majority of my life- but I’ve kinda gotten used to it! I have to say it’s strange to have people talk all nostalgic, because…I don’t…remember…???

6 Likes

Hello @JiaGrace. I am sorry that you have amnesia. But life is to live. We can again make good memories in our life. There are many unpleasant situations in life which we have to forget but life is like the waves of sea. It doesn’t stops it continuously flows. So we should work together to make a better future. And Also there is an amazing story on episode named The Lovely One which is written by Naemi. In this story the topic of amnesia is covered. It’s basically a love story but it also deals with mental situation.It’s one of the best stories on episode. You can read the story. Lol :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I know I love that story!!! I thought it was pretty rad when the amnesia topic came in. I have this little notebook I nicknamed ‘my memory loss book’ that I write everything in :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Good to know.:smile: . Don’t be angry if I ask you a question You are from which country?:blush:

I was born in South Africa (but according to my parents we only lived there for like one year before moving)
But currently I am in the US. I moved around quite a lot between South Africa and the US

1 Like

Oh. Nice to Know you Jia. I love US. What’s your favorite type of cuisine? I mean Chinese, Italian, Mexican etc?:smile:

1 Like

Oh man I adore Chinese food so much. But there are a few Jamaican dishes I really liked, plus the typical American food has some highlights

2 Likes

I see. You have great taste. My favorite cuisines are Continental and Meditarrean. I also love Chinese. What is typical American food?

The typical fast-food junk. Burrito places like Chipotle I’ve come to really enjoy since moving here.

1 Like

i have kinda a bit of short memory loss. I can remember a lot of things most of the time and others i cant remember. Yep im like Dory.

I’m sorta in the same boat there too. Other than the huge chunk missing from the beginning of my life, I do have a little trouble remembering info & things. It’s not too bad, that big ole 13 year gap missing is the worst of it :sweat_smile:

What are the best Jamaican food and American Highlights? I would love to know :heart_eyes:

Woah that’s serious have u been to doctor?

1 Like

Yeah, but everyone in my family has kinda moved on already. I’m at peace w/ it, nothing too interesting happened (my guess at least)

1 Like

There’s jerk chicken (Jamaican) it’s a pretty spicy dish w’ habanero peppers and garlic. I especially like it over rice.
Then American would probably be the super-generic breakfast burritos or chicken nuggets !!

2 Likes

Hey! :raising_hand_woman: I have a question: When you lost your memory, did you still know stuff? Like languages, facts etc or were your brain just wiped out of anything? (also, only if you don’t mind answering, what caused you to lose all memories of the first 13 years of your life?)

1 Like

Well I was raised speaking English (because my parents were actually from the US and we moved to an English speaking country the same time I started to learn how to talk) so I didn’t have to worry about forgetting much there.
I was still able to speak perfectly fine afterwards.
There are a few really blurry sort of events or memories that I kinda remember (like a certain hallway of my elementary school, or a book I read once) but not much beyond that.

As for how I lost my memory, it’s sort of a strange combination of things that a doctor theorized. It’s likely a head injury I received around 14 years old, but they also theorized there was some event(s) that may have resulted in some psychologically repressed memories.
So there’s not really a good explanation, it was just a bunch of bad luck I guess :joy:

1 Like

I’m so sorry that happened to you, but it’s good that you’re okay with all that and didn’t like, decide to go on a murder spree on all people who could have caused this or idk :joy: (I hope you didn’t anyway)

I don’t have amnesia, but I have like several parts of my life that I think I just kinda suppressed, like several years which all I remember from is some facts and some details of whatever that happened but from memories of like a whole year I could recall bunch of memories which in time would be together about 10 minutes maybe. There was a new guy that joined to my school+ class the other week and he kept telling me I looked familiar for an entire day (while I kept saying I had absolutely no idea who he is) eventually he remembered and he said we went to middle school together, the same class. O_o (He recalled my name, where I live, and classes had letter+ number, so he wasn’t bluffing) yeah, I remember no one from that time… Pretty sure I was in contact with like 80 different people that I just don’t remember. I have about 7 different years from my life (not in a row) that I just hardly remember, I can imagine that can happen to someone with their entire life…

1 Like

I’ve definitely had a lot of situations like that happen to me too, mate :joy:
But hey, if anything, it makes for a really interesting conversation starter!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.