Any furries here?

I feel like furries are kinda misunderstood, because everybody thinks of the sexual side and. No. Believe me, regular furries think they’re weird, too. This is the literal definition:

“The furry fandom is a subculture interested in anthropomorphic animal characters with human personalities and characteristics. Examples of anthropomorphic attributes include exhibiting human intelligence and facial expressions, speaking, walking on two legs, and wearing clothes.”

So, uh, yeh - anyone else here a furry?

3 Likes

Well for a start, I’m not :slightly_smiling_face:
Personally I haven’t met or known many so far in my life.
I do think that the second someone mentions it a lot of people instantly are quick to jump to certain thoughts and judgements usually due to the sexual side of it which I think is pretty unfair. I prefer to not judge people on anything. I admit I don’t know much about furries actually, the definition there is a good addition to the post!

3 Likes

I love furries . the costumes are so cute. I am not one though. I cant handle haveing things on my head. wig is all i can do for my cosplays. I have some friends who is thought

Dude, no! No. NO! Rainfurrests really aren’t my cup of tea. NO!

Rainfurrest was a convention that went horribly wrong. It’s certainly NOT representative of the whole fandom. I said this in my first post… It’s stuff like that that gives furries a bad name.

1 Like

The only furry I met was one time in my undergrad college class. He was ok but he kinda weirded the professor out when he asked her if wearing his tail would be too much of a distraction.

Other than that, he seemed harmless :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh my cousin said she wanted one of the things before idk what it’s called :neutral_face:

It seems like furries are more something people clown on than something people hate or are repulsed by. I don’t think it matters if it’s a kink or just a hobby, an adult dressing up like an animal for fun is weird to people. I think most people don’t really care though, it’s just something that exists in the world, it’s not really something anyone who isn’t in that subculture thinks about.

1 Like

Only one person said something rude. Don’t be upset over that. Besides that one person, everyone else were just sharing their opinions. :grin:

2 Likes

True - still, it kinda hurts when someone says that you’re disgusting and can’t even be looked at because you like a certain aesthetic. I’ll delete the request, though. ^^"

1 Like

I understand. But don’t take it to heart. People who say that just don’t understand the implication of their words. :heart:

1 Like

I think it’s more that attitude of someone saying such a thing that is disgusting.
Having a harmless interest in life isn’t wrong or disgusting in any way. Words can hurt people and I think that is out of line to say things like that to someone.

1 Like

Oh god I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to offend you to that line. All I was meaning is that they look too real for me, I’m sorry!

2 Likes

It’s okay! That makes sense - I misunderstood you. I can completely understand that. A lot of fursuits cross into the uncanny valley.

Sorry for throwing a little fit, it’s my bad. ^^

Oh god no, I took my wording a bit to far!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.