I wish.:sob:

1 Like

Me! Not to draw, tho.

1 Like

I’m married to Gimp.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of Gimp :+1::tulip:

1 Like

I need help guys. How do u select yr character then take out the white background. im still looking at tutorials on youtube.

2 Likes

Oof I know how to do it but I’m not familiar with GIMP.

1 Like

welp 🤷

1 Like

hm, how did u know how to do it if yr not familiar with gimp? photoshop?

1 Like

Nah I use Ibis paint and my index finger.

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like

Open image -> Select Layer tab -> Go down to Transparency -> Click ‘Add Alpha Channel’

Select Windows -> Go down to Dockable Dialogs -> Click ‘Tool Options’ -> Click the ‘U’ key on your keyboard (it’s a shortcut key for the Fuzzy Select function which can be found under ‘Tools’ then ‘Selection Tools’) -> Select the white background -> A moving ant trail type border should pop up around the white parts of the image -> Press the ‘Delete’ key on your keyboard to erase

Now you may have to adjust how sensitive the Fuzzy Select tool is because often times the clothes and/or skin of the character can be detected as the background to Gimp and it’ll erase that too. That’s why in the Tool Options you can adjust the threshold so it doesn’t do that. However, doing that also decreases the tool’s sensitivity and so that’s where the problem of a white outline comes from. If you don’t want that you’ll have to zoom in and manually remove the border around the character with the Free Select tool which can be found under ‘Tools’ -> ‘Selection Tools’ (shortcut key ‘F’).

If anyone has an easier way of doing it by all means please tell me lmao.

5 Likes

I usually put my characters on a black background and use the select by colour tool, then layers to make the layer transparent and delete the black.

1 Like

Nah, gimp suits are so hot and sweaty that even I draw the line there.

1 Like

thanks. :grin::100::raised_hands::heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

ill try it out :grin::100:

1 Like

bump

Yes I do :blush:

1 Like