Any Ibis Paint X tips for a begineer?

Hey guys !!

if any artist out there use Ibis Paint X, your tips would be much appreicated because I just got it ! :white_heart:

3 Likes

i recommend using the hard brush for normal lines and sketches

1 Like

would that be the 'Dip Pen (Hard) ?

yeah! but the soft brush is really good for sketching too

1 Like
  • For sharper lines make sure stabilizer is turned on

• Make sure to layer things differently. (Ex: Hair, clothing, body, separately)

• Two fingers to undo, three to redo

• I find outlining in Dip Pen (Soft) works pretty well.

I also have a tutorial/help thread that could help out :sparkles: Nae’s Help Thread

3 Likes

thank uu soooooo much !! :heart:

Thank uu a ton !! ur art is amazing & i’ll most def check out ur thread :heart_eyes: :white_heart: :white_heart:

1 Like

No prob and thanks :two_hearts:

1 Like

what brush size do you recommend for sketching & when your outlining?

1 Like

It’s totally up to personal preference and canvas size. Since my canvas is usually 3000x3000 I use size 15-18 brushes but I like the lines to stand out more so sometimes I’ll make it bigger.

1 Like

thank uu sm again !! i’ll ask any future questions on ur help thread :))

1 Like

I forget the name of the brush- but try using a base shade… and then a darker shade with any airbrush over the top for a blended contour. :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank uu SOOO MUCH !!! i really needed this :pleading_face: :heart: :heart:

If you figure out how to like use the selection area by colouring inside the outline of say an eye on selection layer… and then you can go to a new layer and put it below ur outline… and u can color only inside the eye… use that with the airbrushes for realistic eyes (Also add some lines using a variety of brushes)

1 Like

OMG THANK UU A TONNNNN AGAIN !!! can i dm you later today for any questions abt anything? just cause i have a lottttttt haha

1 Like

Of course! I’ve recently been getting back into my art phase and have been trying to figure out procreate lately since I mainly use Ibis. so I will be happy to answer questions. :slight_smile: (If I don’t respond for a little while, it would be because of classes. )

1 Like