Any idea why this happened?

Also under the license type it should specify what that license entails

Thank you so much for helping me out. I will check the licence type.

This is the reason the episode team gave me for removing the cover and splashes. Also, they literally removed every splash and cover I had uploaded for the story.
Again, thank you for informing me about this whole license thing. This will really help me with other images and backgrounds I might upload to Episode.

1 Like

Was your image of a real person, some people have covers of real people and they get approved. If so then if you find out it was under a commercial use licence let the team know and tell them that under the commercial use licence anyone in the image does allow for use of their image/ face under possible profitable means.

1 Like

Also, if your cover may have a gun on it, that will also be rejected. No guns are allowed on story covers. I don’t know about the splashes if they are included on that one.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for replying. I’ll suit a ticket to episode regarding this.

1 Like

No, my cover doesn’t have a gun on it. Just the splashes.
I guess we can use guns on splashes?

1 Like

I don’t really know but it’s better to be safe than sorry. Send a support ticket to Episode and see what they say about it.

I think we can use guns on splashes because:

It says the no gun rule is for story covers only and that Art scenes/splashes are regarded differently. But just in case, can send in a ticket:

Link:
https://episodesupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

3 Likes

Thank you so much, and I have filed a ticket. I am hoping to hear from them soon.
(Seriously, thank you for such detailed answer. It was really helpful.)

1 Like

Ok, now I’m worried. I use pictures from these websites for my stories, I alter the hair color, features, etc (so they don’t look like a real person, and also to fit my story).

Episode approved all these pictures, but I’m afraid that they do the same thing for me. Why did they approve your covers in the first place? that’s what I don’t understand, they should reject the pictures when they first get them (if they really go against the rules)

2 Likes

They approved my cover but then rejected it. It mostly happens to some slightly rules change. That was their explanation to me

2 Likes

But for copyright reasons?

No for a gun. Like it was approved for a year and then not anymore. Long time ago

1 Like

That’s the thing. I know that some rules change with time, but I don’t think copyright is included…

As I said, the pictures that I used are from pixabay, pexels, and unsplash, I try to cover logos and things that may be rejected by the Episode team.

But idk, I really want to avoid this

And yes, some of these pictures are only allowed for Editorial Purposes, but I try to check that

1 Like

Try writing them. They did respond to me quickly and answered any questions I had

2 Likes

Okay, so I reuploaded the pictures, and they got approved this time.
One can really never understand how episode’s team works lol.
The reason they gave me was that I cannot upload pictures of real people and places.
And you can clearly see, I used ibis paint and cartoonizer to modify the picture a hell lot.
Plus, the pictures I used were free for editing and public redistribution.

I reuploaded the pictures, and they got approved.
Idk how this even works. I think they just spin a bottle or roll a dice and decide whether they should approve something or not.

1 Like

Indeed hun