Any Lab Assistants here ? I need a few pointers for my story

I’m working on a fantasy/horror story where the MC is working as a lab assistant for a scientist, but her boss is secretly working on a medicine that will give him powers ala Jerkyll/Mr. Hyde . Is it normal for a Lab Assistant not to know what his boss/research leader is working on and is just following his procedures? Any help you can give me ?

Assistant here. It is not generally normal to not know what your pharmacist/scientist is working on. As an assistant, you are probably required to do quite a bit of the labour and work in the project while the scientist/pharmacist is working on the calculations and research of the medicine. And even if they didn’t tell you what they were working on, your expertise in the field of a lab assistant would help you figure out what he was up to anyway.

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about story ideas. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.