Any one else having these problems with the portal

Disclaimer: This is not a request of any sort, it is just in this catogory because my problem matches this one

Hey so I have been having problems with the episode portal and I just wanted to know if it was just me and there is something wrong with my computer or is it every one/most people

my problems include:

• overlays not showing up unless I refresh my page atleast twice

• opacity and create commands not working and it asking me to scale before the overlay shows up which I obviously cant do if the overlay wont show up. This results in me adding the overlay in the title which makes my job harder because my overlay should show up in the middle of the scene

• characters not doing the facing commands ex: @CHAR faces left/right

Anyone else or just me?

6 Likes

Yes to the first point!

I used to be able to upload my overlay in a different tab then add it to my script which is on another tab and it would show up. But now I need to refresh it to see it. I feel like that’s been changed and makes sense to update the script page in order to see the overlay…but ugghh I dont wanna :unamused:

8 Likes

I think its a bug but then again I dont want to be wrong and file a report and waste thier time yk? And im very bad with explaining things

3 Likes

The only problems I’ve been having with the portal, is characters are not doing as commanded (spot direction, animations etc) nor are specific commands for zoom and focus, I have been going between my phone and the portal to check how the scene works, which is extremely time-consuming and frustrating, It already takes forever (it feels) to write a chapter, adding previewing issues is just making it 100 times longer.

4 Likes

Same, and its really annoying. Should I file a bug report? Cause I really dont know what to do or how to even file a report.

1 Like

Well you could if you don’t mind the wait or aren’t under a gun to publish, if you are having problems creating overlays mid scene my recommendation would be to start them out in the beginning and then just change the opacity to 0 until you are ready for it to appear, I know they may seem annoying but I would personally do that if I was under the gun or ready to publish.

1 Like

I believe to file a report you have to go to the help tab on the portal, which has several topics, the last one I believe is file a report.

1 Like

Im doing that right now because Im currently coding and its still asking me to scale things which I cant do which is actually frustrating me.

I have tried literally EVERYTHING i can think of and I cant get it to do what I want.

I have a good 10 days to publish because Im double updating.

1 Like

Is it an overlay you created?
I might be able to help you manually scale it, depending on the type of overlay it is, I know the overlays I make I have to scale way down for them to appear on the screen normally.
LMK I may be able to help.

1 Like

I made the overlay and I have uploaded it a while ago so its not like it has not been approved because it has

things I have tried

I wrote my script up until I had to add the overlay and then used the create command and then the opacity command

and an error came up saying
"specify “shifts” “rotate” and all the other extra stuff.

So i refreshed my page and it still did not work

I then decided to change the plan yk to make it work although it would be more work it would be worth it , as long as I get it done

so I ended up adding the overlay in the title and use the opacty command to make it 0 but that did not work because it is still asking me to add shift and rotation which I cant do if it wont pop up on the preview

1 Like

I am also having the number one,
Besides, my characters aren’t changing clothes. They were all good but now it’s messed up. It really annoys me :ok_man::man_facepalming:

2 Likes

@overlay OVERLAY_NAME shifts to 12 352 in zone 1
@overlay OVERLAY_NAME scales to 0.008 0.008
try this to see if it finally shows up.

2 Likes

I have decided to just submit a ticket.

1 Like

OMG that was driving me batty as well. LOL

3 Likes

okay, Ill be back

1 Like

I’ll be here :grin:

1 Like

I tried it, still did not work.

1 Like

can I peak at your script? that is probably the only thing I am not having issues with is overlays, or can you post the part of your script with just the overlay?
I am determined to fix it for you!

2 Likes

Yea lol, do you want the code or a ss?

1 Like

either is fine, whichever is easier for you.

1 Like