Any Other Twin Moms? Twin stories?

Any other twin moms out there? Have your twins made it into your story? Also, if anyone is writing about twins I’m happy to share what I know…there’s a lot of misinformation out there.

2 Likes

Oh, that’s great! I wish in the future I will have twins!
I love them and stories with them. Actually, I was supposed to be a twin. Well, at first doctors were saying to my mother that she will have triplets, but when I was born alone, the doctor saw that there was only one place for my twin, so none of them grew :confused:

I understand how your mom feels. My first set of twins didn’t make it. It’s common to lose one or more when you have multiples. Twin pregnancies are really difficult.

1 Like

Hello! I’m actually writing a story about twins, so it would be really nice to learn something new. Could you please tell what kind of misinformation have you seen, so I don’t make a common mistake?

Of course! Let’s see…top 5 facts you need to know…

1. There’s no such thing as identical boy/girl twins…identical twins were once one person that split into two…the gender is determined before they split so there’s no way one can be a boy and one a girl (unless someone changes genders)

2. Only fraternal twins run in families. Identical twins are kinda random…there’s no proof it’s genetic.

3. Having a twin pregnancy is crazy hard. Many of them end in miscarriage and most end in babies being born prematurely.

4. Twins don’t always get along from birth…my twins love to beat each other up right now (they’re 1).

5. These days twins are rarely a surprise at birth these days. Unless the mom refuses ultrasounds it’s unlikely a doctor will miss a second twin altogether. Sometimes doctors miss the twin until later in the pregnancy but SURPRISE there’s TWO at birth…not so realistic.

I can’t think of any more specifically, but if you have specific questions I’m happy to answer them. I’ve actually had two sets of twins (the first ones were born prematurely and didn’t make it) and my sister has twins. My great-great grandfather was also a twin. I’ve done a lot of research and I’ve lived it so happy to help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you very much for information! Really helpful
And I’m sorry for your loss…

HI again! I am sorry that your first kids didn’t make it :frowning: They are in a better place now.
I also read your top 5 facts and I want to say that my grandmothers’ sister has two twins. They are girls, and I have never met them, but my mother says that it is a high chance they were identical, she doesn’t know for sure, they weren’t close :smiley:

The only way to know for sure is with a DNA test. There are actually different types of twin pregnancies:

Mono/Mono - ALWAYS identical twins
Mono/Di - USUALLY identical, but fraternal twins can have a fused placenta making them look like they are identical
Di/Di - USUALLY fraternal, but identical twins can be di/di if they completely split.

1 Like

Wow, thank you for this information!