Any sad story ideas?😶

So I want my main character to have a sad background, however I’m having a hard time coming up with one and I don’t want to use an overused one like ‘Oh, my mom died when I was younger’ or 'My dad was a mafia leader and got shot’I just want something different. Any suggestions

1 Like

Hello @babygirl_livy12, this is Sydney the moderator. Welcome to the forum. :smiley: Moved this to Share Feedback since you’re looking for story ideas. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks um how do I do that?:neutral_face:

I don’t know much about your story, but maybe the MC had to move around a lot as a child for whatever reason and thus they were never really able to make any real, lifelong friends. Just something off the top of my head. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Hmm, sounds really interesting…:relaxed:

If you mean, how to do you access the Tutorial, just click on the link (the blue words). :grin:

1 Like

Some ideas I would use for sad character backstories are a history of severe depression, bullying at school, a near-fatal drowning incident, the burning of a house (losing all belongings in the process), struggles with poverty, a theft incident (where they/their house was robbed of essentials/valuables), witnessing a crime and developing PTSD (some Googling should help you out with symptoms), a near-death experience, severe injury causing them to be hospitalised, getting hit by a car, constant travelling (as @tylerthegirl mentioned) and just overall, horrific experiences you wouldn’t like to experience yourself. Hope this helped! :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you this is really helpful :purple_heart::blush:

1 Like

Something unique would be to write about someone who is schizophrenic. It’s really sad because in most cases, they can’t make any friends and have to go through all this therapy to only get a bit better.

1 Like

its the couple of seconds before the main character dies in a crack overdose . she is transported into one
of her past memories and she sees her past self. Fortunately , she can communicate with her unfortunately she can’t stop her from turning her decent life into a living hell.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.