Any specific music/songs you listen to while writing?

Any music that inspires you to write?

1 Like

I listened to Ariana Grandes Sweetner album when I was planning and writing my romance story lol

3 Likes

BFMV, Set it Off and many other rock bands/singers inspire me. I personally love Ghost Town - You’re so Creepy, Get Scared- Sarcasm, Angel with a Shot Gun and Bad Luck Charm

2 Likes

Wow we have a very similar taste in music thank you! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

My favorite song by Set It Off is Wolf In Sheep’s Clothing if you haven’t hear that one I h i g h l y recommend lol

1 Like

OMG I freaking love that song :scream: :smirk:

Yessssss

1 Like

So could you
Tell me how you’re sleeping easy
How you’re only thinking of yourself
Show me how you justify
Telling all your lies like second nature
Listen, mark my words, one day
You will pay, you will pay
Karma’s gonna come collect your debt :musical_note:

1 Like

I listen to a lot of halsey, billie eilish, and ariana grande when I need ideas. They always seem to spark something

3 Likes

I listen to a LOT Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, Billie Eilish and Melanie Martinez songs for one of the stories I’m writing.

1 Like

i most off the time listen to music without text so i don’t sing along and forget about what i’m doing :joy::joy: and somethimes i just have to go back to the good old days and listen to call me maybe and rather be :joy:

1 Like

just searched it up!!! sounds so good:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I’m currently working on a story about a stalker, so I listen to ‘I want You To Want Me’, a cover song by Children In Paradise. It has a really ethereal, dreamlike quality that I like to incorporate into my stories.
I find the song ‘Sextape’ by the Deftones helps me create a moody, atmospheric scene.
I listen to New Years Day, In This Moment and Halestorm when creating female charcters. I like the strength and power in their music.

Joji, Billie Eilish, LANY. Kane Brown, Khalid, etc. :joy: different types but girl they spark some inspiration!

Ghost of You - 5SOS
Malibu Nights - LANY
Slow Dancing in the Dark - Joji
Beautiful Crazy - Luke Combs
Anyyy Kane Brown

Definitively Halsey. :relieved:

2 Likes

nicki Ariana and pink

Silence.

Without Me by Halsey
Any of this music based on my story

I listen to my story/character playlists. It actually helps a lot!

4 Likes

It depends on what I’m writing. I try to change genres to match the genre of story of writing. For instance, for my story Wild West, I have songs like Ecstasy of Gold, El Dorado, Gunslinging Outlaws. As well as plenty of others. Yet for my story A Bard’s Calling, I steep more into folk music and fantasy sounds. I have a few songs with the hurdy gurdy, and plenty with artists such as Faun and Darkher. I usually create playlists on Spotify with songs that have tones or lyrics that remind me of that story or the characters in it. I also have playlists for certain characters with music that is THEIR taste and stuff they enjoy.

No matter what I’m writing, however, I always make sure to have plenty of lyricless songs. While songs with lyrics make for great inspiration with scenes, I often find myself singing along and getting distracted. So when I’m actually writing, I try to choose instrumentals and soundtrack scores.

Although, lately, I have been quite inspired by Zack Hemsey despite it not being my normal type of music. I tend to avoid most of today’s music tbh.

3 Likes