Any stories with little to no romance?

I’m looking for some stories to read that don’t really have to do with romance. Even when I look at other genres, it’s still feels like it’s focus on romantic relationships. Any suggestions?

2 Likes

My story, Death on the Beach revolves around a death… on the beach (the title says it all really).
Although I only have four episodes so far.

I have some romantic scene here and there later, around 20-25 chapter
But it’s not that much of romance.

It’s a fantasy genre.
Going to be completed till next week. :heavy_heart_exclamation:
I hope u like it :smiling_face: Although, 1st ch. can be a little boring.

I’m reading it right now.

1 Like

Thanks

Moved to Promote Your Story since you’re looking for recommendations. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

Got some recommendations you could try out. I can guarantee that none of them are romance focused.

Three Tickets, Please by @sannah.episode

• Multi-genre: Much like how you choose what movie you want to watch, Three Tickets, Please allows you to choose what genre you want to read. Would recommend the horror movies. The plots are supreme!
  • Full CC
  • Though there is romance it’s not the main plot. It’s there just to show you and your crush going on a date and you choose the movie.

Quillrun by @loki_mirin_yuh

• An action story
  • Plot: Just robbed a bank. Now gotta get out of the country without getting caught by the police.
  • Advanced directing (The kind that brings you to shame, ya know?)
  • Limited CC
  • Downside: story is discontinued. :smiling_face_with_tear:

Miss Understood by @TheSunflowerQueen

• Comedy story about a spoiled girl who finds a job as a primary school teacher.
  • MC is asexual (Shout out to all my sisters and brothers!)
  • Romance is optional.
  • Full CC

Hello by @evilrose.writes

• Horror story about a stalker that wants to kill you badly. And I mean, BADLY.
  • Endings matter. Had to play it literally 3 times to get the happy ending (means I didn’t get killed).
  • Full CC
  • Advanced directing
  • Warning: don’t read at night.

Alec and Astrid by @FriidayG

• Action/Adventure story: 2 criminals meet in a mental asylum. Turns out the mental asylum is just a nice place for them to stay so the police can’t catch them. They break out. Havoc starts. Wonderful story + lots of comedy.
  • Advanced directing
  • Limited CC
  • No choices (So you can just sit back and enjoy the whole plot.)

The Unwanted by @Evilyn

• Advanced directing (Enough to give you a heart attack)
  • Ink
  • Adventure/Action
  • No choices (so you can relax and read the plot)
    Episode Writer Portal

The Art of Word by @titiresa_writes

• Comedy story: Parents can’t control you, so you end up in a camp. Camp is filled with crazy people. It’s actually a very good representation of what goes on in Middle School camp.
  • Full CC
  • Short story (Only 4 episodes!)

My story also has no romance in it. It’s a mystery story full of mini games and interactivity. Would recommend trying out the stories above first since mine can’t compare. :sweat_smile::sob:

Title: ɪɴᴄᴏɢɴɪᴛᴏ
Chapters: 3 (ongoing)
Genre: ᴍʏsᴛᴇʀʏ
Description: ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴᴛᴇʀɴᴇᴛ ɪꜱ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀᴏᴜꜱ, ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍʏꜱᴛᴇʀɪᴏᴜꜱ. ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴡᴇʟʟ ɪɴ ɪᴛ ᴛᴏ ꜰɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴍɪꜱꜱɪɴɢ ꜱɪꜱᴛᴇʀ?
Instagram: @kana_epi

4 Likes

Dead or Alive by sargym.ep

Bad to the Bone by Lee Funk

Demon Roommate by Kayla Sloans

Watch Me Fly by Christina Marie

Miss Understood by Marianna Escalante

I Hate Zombies by Kayla Sloans

Clue: Red Eyed Cat by RachelleFaucet

1 Like

:lotus: Thank you so much for this thread! :lotus:

Story Title: Androids

Story Genre: Sci-Fi / Romance / Mystery

Author: maevt

Story Style: Limelight

Number of Episodes: 4 (ongoing)

Description: Jane lives in the year 2056. Human-like robots (Androids) roam every city in the world. They’re everywhere. Some question if they really are here to help…

Cool Attributes! :
:llama: Multiple Endings
:lemon: Choices Matter
:llama: Limited CC
:lemon: Points System
:llama: Mini Games
:lemon: Custom Wardrobe
:llama: Art Scenes
:lemon: Advanced Directing
:llama: Custom Game-Play style (:heart: Affection or :dagger:Action or ♜Intelligent)

Story Cover (made by me):

SPECIAL NOTES:
Socials [instagram]: @maevtstories & @maevtdraws
Socials [zepeto]: @xx.maevt.xx

• This is my very first story
  • I would absolutely love and appreciate anyone who is willing to give my story a read & review
  • Please feel welcome to give my any advice / insight / tips, etc.

Thanks for the recommendation :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who recommended me stories.

• This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
  • Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
  • David Mogo, Godhunter by Suyi Davies Okungbowa
  • The Girl from the Well by Rin Chupeco
  • The Sword of Kaigen by M. L.
  • Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Cordova
  • A Thousand Nights by E. K. Johnston

There’s a teeny bit of romance but it’s not the focus.
Title : Twelve
Author : Molly & Thea
Genre : Comedy and Romance
Chapters : 3 and more coming soon…
Description : Ah yes, December, Christmas time, but also the perfect time to ask for forgiveness. Join Cody, a former playboy, on his journey to seek forgiveness from his former high school classmates.
Includes:

• Full CC
  • Male MC
  • Point System
  • Advanced Directing
  • Important Choices
  • Two Endings

Link: Episode Writer Portal

Greetings! Thank you very much for this thread. I have four stories that may be what you’re looking for. Dark Star has no romance whatsoever. Whereas Daughter of Shadow and Blood of Wolves both have the option to keep things non-romantic because the choice to actually romance the LIs is one that will be given later on in the stories (though in DoS one of the LI will flirt with anything with a pulse, including you, regardless because he’s a randy bard :laughing:). When you gain points with the LIs it is purely platonic unless you actively choose a romance option, which are clearly labeled as such. Eternal Oblivion has some romance in it, but it is nowhere near the focus of the story. Perhaps one or all will pique your interest. If you do end up reading any of them, I’d love to hear any thoughts you may have. :grin:

Magicka: Dark Star

Title: Magicka: Dark Star
Author: Silver Lady
Genre: Adventure/Dark Fantasy
Style: LL
Description: Lyal was born under a dark star, an omen of evil and death . Will she rage against the dying of her light? Or will she embrace her dark destiny? (choices matter, 4 endings).
Episode Accolades: Magicka Contest Winner
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5969712374808576
Cover:

Daughter of Shadow

Title: Daughter of Shadow
IG: @silverlady.epi
Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, Mystery
Style: Limelight
Number of Episodes: 6 currently, more on the way.
Description: You wake alone in a forest with few memories and a magical brand. As you’re pulled into a world of intrigue & deception, will you discover who you really are, or die trying?
Additional Info: Choice of two love interests (one of which you are able to choose the gender of), single option, full CC for MC and the two LI, two different point systems, currency system within the game, choices matter, multiple endings.
Episode Accolades: Heroic Contest Winner
Covers:

Blood of Wolves

Title: Blood of Wolves
Genre: Fantasy
Number of Episodes: 5 currently, more on the way.
Description: After years of captivity and experimentation, you escape and find refuge in the magical sanctuary of Cysegr Hudol. But will the evil that follows you bring doom to all within?
Additional Info: Choice of two love interests, single option, full CC for MC and the two LI (with the exception of eye color for one of the LI), two different point systems, choices matter, multiple endings. Spin-off of Eternal Oblivion.
Cover:

Eternal Oblivion

Title: Eternal Oblivion
Genre: Fantasy primarily with a large dose of mystery, as well as action, drama, romance, and historical fiction thrown in from time to time.
Number of Episodes: 42. Story is complete. NO “Skip the Wait”.
CC: Kinda. You can’t customize the main three characters (for story reasons), but there is a character for you to customize starting with chapter five. You won’t see much of her to start, but she becomes more important later in the plot.
Description: When a powerful force rises to threaten the world, can Amara and her allies defeat the ancient death dragon? Or is life as they know it doomed?
Additional Info: The story unfolds on multiple timelines over the course of 5k+ years, and examines the affect true immortality could have on a person and their loved ones, as well as how the choices we make can have long lasting consequences, and the idea of determinism vs. free will.
Episode Accolades: Magical Shelf (Jan. 2020)
Cover:

Thanks. I’m currently reading Dark Star.

Awesome possum, I hope you enjoy it. :grin:

Thanks, everyone who recommended Miss Understood!

I finish one of the endings. I got the Undying Ending.

1 Like

If I ever get around to writing a sequel that would be the “official” one I would continue from.

Thank you, Kana!!