Any tips and tricks for starting a story?

Hi im starting a new fantasy/sci-fi/mystery story
But im a newbie
and i could use help like tips,tricks etc
Ive watched the videos of Joseph Evans and Dara amarie but i still could use help with stuff like

• Advanced directing
  • Tappable overlays and menus
    etc so if anyone could help me with tips tricks or anything else that can improve my story
    that’d be great!
2 Likes
  1. speechbubbels is importent to do, but best waited to do as the last thing,
    2 same goes for CC, best to not add it in before you are ready to publish, because it takes a lot of space an are in the way, beside sometimes they get updated, so I am sure you want the new stuff in it

3, always prof read on the phone before you publish,

4 keep an eye on layers, I tried I had both been on layer 3 and look fine then I publish and it looks wrong because one should have been a layer lower not the same.

1. with overlays at the start of a scene dont do shift to

this @overlay INT. GRAND DINING TABLE4 - DAY shifts to -1 0 in zone 1

it has a half second delay, you can see it on the portal but on the phone, and readers will see it. and if you have it looks very weird.

instead add it to the background like this

INT. GRAND DINING TABLE4 - DAY with INT. GRAND DINING TABLE4 - DAY to 1.000 -1 0

1. somestimes people can keep doing an animation when you move to next scene, which looks weird if they exmple is sitting and then you expect them to idle on next scene but they dont. again you only see this on the phone

7 look at animation, dont use talk animation when they dont talk, and dont use idle animation when they are talking, and keep an eye on loop animations.

8 erros often tell you what is wrong, but if you cant find the problem try and look a few lines over and under because sometimes its stupid.

9, before asking for help check youtube tutorials and search the forum, it almost always have been answared before. of course if you cant find it dont be afraid to ask many people like to help

10: have respect for artist, they dont owe you anything, they are nice to help, also pinterest and google are a no go for art, what they have are copyrighted, which are against the rules to use

1. rear animation face the opsite way, many people get confused over this, if they face right in rear they will face left.

2. zoom in on characters, often I see more background then people, or pan to show a room, unleash you have coded people to move, or I need to see somehting very importent you need to show all 3 zones, the characters need to be in focus not the background.

13, dont waste time, being it 100 years about change clothes, or the author come in greet talk to characters and what so ever, its a waste of time. lots of long pauses are anoying, and the author being their is cringy. or pan/zome from one character to another, is also a waste of time, you can just cut to them.

14 fades filters and colored text emojies and music, adds to it but dont over do it, you dont need it all the time, its best used sometimes

15 dont use default characters or clothes, many new authors do it, i even see it in featured stories, it looks lazy, espically if the charatire have a speaking role, I read a story the other day where the LI brother was a stuch charactire(also he was asian where the LI was white)

16, think when you make charaters, family should look alike, the main cast should not, try to have diffrent face features and skin/hair color for characters as much as you can. also think what fit, like dreads on a white person, or blue eyes on a black person, yes it exist but its a rarity.

17 use AND & in your story when you need more then one to do things at the same time.

18 the portal dont remeber what is happening in other chapters, it cant see choices clothes or anything, the portal can,

also when you go through a command, like a gain, clothes change, hair change or what so ever, they will keep it on until they go through another.

unleash you refresh the page.

4 Likes

Maybe this will help.

1 Like

you can also just replace the @ with & to eliminate the time gap.

2 Likes

no doset work stil has the half second delay.

Tips and tricks on how to improve your Character(s) And Story
i definitely recommend this thread!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.