Any Writing Advice?

You can read Dirty Little Secret if you want :). I always wrote around the 1000-1500 lines but now I write around 2000 lines. :slight_smile: Try to write around 1500 lines ;). I would like to read a story about a MC who isn’t white. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Okay, thanks for the advice!

3 Likes

the MC in my story is Chinese, so I guess that’s a nice change.

3 Likes

Cool! Let me know when you publish your story. Also try to reverse the cliches. Instead the bad boy taming the girl, should the mc tame the bad boy if you know what I mean. Give a good reason why the Mean girl hate the mc so much. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That sounds good! I’ll definitely do that, thanks so much for the advice ^^

2 Likes

No problem :wink:

Competitive Edge by Piccalilly
Publicity Stunt by haemi
Her Books, His Billions by J.J
Under You by E R Gurney
Running from Reality by Steele Magnolia

These are my personal favourites :blob_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate it :blush:

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since Community is for discussion of specific stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

in all honesty you shouldn’t focus too much on the lines. because chances are you could have 1000 lines of only directing with no dialogue whatsoever ever :joy::joy: so just write until you feel like the chapter should end, and then reread it and time it if you want to! people usually prefer around 10-15 minute chapters
alsoooooo below is my story if you’re interested bc you asked for some stories :joy::crazy_face: my episodes usually range from like 10-20 minutes but it just depends
good luck with your story btw! :star_struck::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

My Story

Title: Mystery on Hanging Hill Lane
Author: Marshmallow O.
Genre: Mystery, Romance, Comedy (Thriller)
Style: Limelight
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6250660385652736
Summary: It’s a race against time as you and your friends try to escape the mysterious sleepover that you were invited to…

Chapters: 9 (To be continued…)
Instagram @marshmallowo.episode
Full CC, Choices Matter, Point System, Mini Games, Advanced Directing, 2 LI! :blush:

1 Like

1.When I get stuck, I go to the pinterest app and type in story inspiration or writing prompts. I’d like to see more slow burn romances that dont revolve around mental abuse or abuse of power. Also, Male MCs are super rare. [Also, respectful diversity; not racial stereotypes would be great!]
2. A good length episode is at least 1000 lines. 400 lines in reality is like a 2 minute episode and makes people feel like they’ve wasted their tickets. Adding choices that feel like they have effect, whether they actually do or don’t, makes a huge impact with readers… so add a few important choices [not just picking outfits…I’m over it. Lol!]
3. Really depends on what you’re into… I really enjoyed A Song For You.

1 Like

Thanks! Also who made your cover? It’s really cool!

1 Like

This is really helpful, thank you!

1 Like

Wow, thanks for answering every question! This is really helpful and I really appreciate it ^^

1 Like

Your story looks and sounds so good! I’m definitely going to check it out! :smiley:

1 Like

of course!
awh thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: i made it!

Wow, good job! I’ll check your story out :blush:

1 Like

Your welcome, love. Or search photo inspiration. Sometimes, for me, an image can trigger an idea.

1 Like

If you still want help writing, I made a class on Google Classroom!
Here!