Anybody else struggle with... actually writing? >>Need feedback/beta reader

I have been with Episode since 2017, I was with Episode when Classic was their only style. I have started countless stories that have never seen the light of day, gotten bored/unmotivated and came up with new ideas. I am currently working on a story, which plot I have been developing/re-working/planning since 2019. I have started this story, scrapped it, and restarted with a different cast 3-4 times now. Each time, I can not make it past 3 or 4 episodes.

I have no problem coming up with ideas, daydreaming about a story that perfectly falls together, and I’m a pretty decent director. My only issue is actually having the motivation to sit down and write. Perhaps it has something to do with feeling like my story plot is dragging? I feel like the story will only appeal to myself? The plot is somewhat generic - vampires :roll_eyes: but not a carbon copy of Twilight, and not cheesy like the typical episode stories (in my opinion, if you read it and feel that it’s cheesy, it will not hurt my feelings.)

I don’t tend to read stories on Episode, but the ones that I do read are the Episode promoted stories and they all move super fast: move to new school, meet guy, hate him, spend time with him and love him all within 12 episodes.
I’m on episode 3 and I haven’t even introduced the love interest yet :skull: This is all by design, but I am wary that readers will be upset at the slow pace. Eventually, it all boils down to what I like and prefer, but every writer dreams of having a popular story, and I would really like it if I could write the story the way that I want and have it received well by Episodians.

What I’m looking for is someone to play through my story as I write it and let me know if my story is too slow. I am open to ideas, feedback, criticism, etc…
I am willing to do the same for you, or more if you’d like. I am completely up to giving plot/subplot ideas, building characters, even isolating overlays out of images to make your directing.

I am not looking for someone to help me write/direct, and between work, writing my own story and life in general, I do not have time to write/direct someone else’s story.

If you are interested, feel free to leave a comment or PM me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind reading through it :smile_cat:

Have a donut :doughnut:

1 Like

I guess be confident that you can finish this one. Life can be busy and make you unmotivated sometimes but don’t loose hope. Again be confident, we are all here waiting for an amazing story. Maybe It can be your story if you try :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grin:

Feel free to pm me if you wanna talk about any of your ideas or something.

1 Like