Anybody Have Any Suggestions About Story Promotion?

Fortunately, I will be 18 years old in 2 weeks, but I still won’t be able to unlock the Writer’s Payment Program until I reach 500,000 reads across all of my stories or have a total of 100,000 reads for the gem choices in 60 days. That is so hard for someone like myself to reach because nobody really reads my stories. My first story is reaching 100k reads, and the story that I am currently working on has 301 reads. That is NOWHERE near 500k. It’s sad because I am trying my best to earn as many readers as I can. I am trying my hardest, and I feel like I’m wasting my time.

I would like to know if anybody has any suggestions on how to reach 500k reads across all of my stories in 60 days, please tell me. And yes, I do promote my stories a lot on Instagram, and it seems like I’m wasting my time doing that. For a person who’s been using this platform for 2 years, it’s sad to say that your first that you completed in 2016, still hasn’t reached the 200k mark, it’s discouraging. I’m also open for people who’s like to help me promote my stories (preferably readers or supporters).

Thank you~

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is related to Episode. :wink: Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics. :wink:

I personally would love to read/check out ur stories!

Thank you. I know that I may sound desperate, but it has always been my goal to reach 500k reads across all of my stories. That should be every author’s goal. I love writing, but sometimes I’d like to get rewarded for what I do. Earning money for doing what you love is an easy job :slight_smile:

Haha ok

Can u send me the deets for ur story

Yeah I’ll PM you :slight_smile:

Thanks

I don’t wanna be rude but I don’t think we can give you an answer to this. I’m sure there are not many authors here who managed to unlock the payment program or who would even dream of having 100K reads. Popular authors may know the drill, but we don’t. One of my favourite stories has about 450 reads, another one has 1,4K and honestly if I knew how to promote a story, I would rather start with those than with any of mines. But I have no idea how to do that.
I understand you would like to get noticed and I wish you good luck with that, but if you write only for the reads and not for yourself, you are missing out the fun part of the whole thing.

This isn’t a self-promotion thread or read for read. Sorry :frowning:

If it was that simple then everyone would have millions of reads.
Some people just get lucky.

But you do tend to notice that a lot of the stories which are constantly trending have a couple things in common:

• Popular/“cliche” plots (typically romance)- e.g bad boys, gang leaders, pregnancy, teacher romances etc
  • Updates FREQUENTLY- more than one episode a week if possible. If a story gets to the top of the trending section but isn’t updated often, you’ll see it drop pretty quickly.

As for promotion, I feel like a lot of authors of the top stories on the app don’t really aggressively promote. Their readers share screenshots but not because they were asked. Once you find loyal readers, they’ll share your stories without you having to ask or do anything. They’ll share them because they love them and want other people to read them.

I do agree with you. I made a commitment to myself about releasing two episodes of my story a week, but I kind of broke my commitment. When I was writing my first and second story, I used to release more than one episodes, but I kind of slowed down as I progressed within the Episode platform. I don’t know why, but I need to start releasing two episodes a week again.

Thanks for your advice :slight_smile: I need to find loyal readers that would love to screenshot my stories and post them on social media. That is something that I want to happen.